what kind of person were you as a kid?

2»

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    i was always small for my grade and got picked on a lot, so like enki i had a short fuse and was always in fights. i was bad at sports (i played in right field) and read a whole lot. i was a know it all and never stopped talking. i always skated and i didn't lose my virginity until college (if you don't count head).

BUT NOW I AM A SUPERSTAR DJ! TAKE THAT NATCHEZ MISSISSIPPI!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    same person i am today

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    My father unearthed some of my old writings recently, all done between third and fifth grade. Here's transcript of a dream I had when I was eight:

We had a map of the town. We started out by seeing the hammer room. I wished for four leaf clovers that really gave good luck. they appeerd in the bowl in front of me. I took half gave the rest to Brandon. We saw a breakfast place. they had cereal and pop. I took rasin Bran and root beer. I saw that there was no place to sit. I couldn't find Brandon eather. I went to look for him. I saw some seats at a different part of the place. I sat down and went back to tell the other people. I got another root beer, forgetting I had one. my dad came and said get red of this water. he started to pour it out whe I said "stop thats my root beer I forgot!" He stoped and we left. I found Brandon out side waiting for me. my famliy left, me and Brandon set of for another place. we passed the camras. we went to the bed . then the white queen of cereals came and said Join us the cereal people. I yelled oh no cereal people and we both ran. we got past the hammer room and there they were again on the ice bridge. we ran back to the bed. I gave my four leaf clovers to Brandon so he could put them in a little pink glass jar. went over to the field, the Battle was ready.

Eh, I don't think a Pasue is necessary. I was eight.

Here's a three-parter I wrote around the same time:

The War Weirdo Part 1[/b]
    One day, there was a rich man that wanted to be a bum, so he took all the money out of his acount, and gave it away. He gave all his money away until he had twenty dollars. He spent the twenty dollars, and he was a bum. Then after a few years, he got tired of it. So he decidid to kill himself. So he went to the army. It was war against China. He went in traning for a pilot, it took him a long time to get out of traning. When he got out he still didn't know much about it. So he went out in a fighter jet. The war took two years to end. He lived 1 1/2 years, before he got shot down. They buried him in the dump. THE END.

The War Weirdo Part 2[/b]
    His family was gettig woried, becuse he wasn't coming back. He died by getting shot down by a bazooka. But he shot down 20 jets and bomed 50 forts and killed 255 people. He had just flown into the enemy tairatory, when he saw some forts then he bomed 50 of them. But some of them did not have people in them. Some of the plane drivers parachuted down. When his famly found out that he had been killed, the killed themselves. So the money went to the bank. THE END.

The War Weirdo Part 3[/b]
    One day the man came back (in the dump) to where he shot Howard E. Cornwell (the War Werido) with a hachit and a shovel, and he started to dig. He struck something hard. He got really excited, he was still digging when he got really scared. He saw a skelleten with a knife it started to walk and he got closer and closer, so the man choped him up and raced home. He came back the next day and saw the knife, it flew up and killed him. THE END.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

I also itemized and took written inventory of my Halloween Candy so that my Dad wouldn't steal any

this is hella funny dude.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i was sent to sunday school in 1974-5 (i was 4-5 ish). my family isnt religious but the church was right down the street and i think my mom was trying to keep me occupied during the summer, as i avoided all organized stuff as much as possible (no little league, no camp, no piano lessons, etc)

anyway...about 2 weeks into it...

i was expelled! expelled from sunday school. when the teacher would talk about bible stuff, like genesis etc, i would lean over into the other kids' ears and whisper "thats not true, the universe was created by the big bang and it was billions of years ago...." i had already fully read up on the big bang, dinosaurs, etc at age 5. Teacher couldnt deal with me corrupting the others, and i was sent packing!

i thought for sure id be an astronomer when i was little, but then Star Wars, The Dukes of Hazzard, comic books and skateboarding led me elsewhere.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Daammn, I don't feel so bad now, cause I was sure an Evil fucker as a kid. Super quiet kid never talked to anybody. Some of my more sinister memories:

When I went to church as a kid my fondest memories are of Donuts. Once I left pretended to go to the bathroom, and tried to devour a box of donuts, that nobody was watching. Had to have been around 4 or 5.

Joined Karate as a kid, had to quit early because we were poor. Went around for weeks after in the Karate outfit chopping everyone. Age 6.

Joined the Cub scouts, was the first kid to find out that the gold paint we paint our popsickle sticks was flammable. Kicked out Age 7.

First fistfight age 8, won with a wrench.

Changed schools, fascinated with Elvira, Started having sex with girls Grade 4. Also started doing graffiti, and had my first shoplifting experience.

Influenced by Yosemite Sam, I ended up using gasoline to help me burn a giant Circle into the grass in the apartments next door to mine. Watched the fireman put it out on TV and from my bedroom window. Age 11 Grade 5.

I think my reign of terror ended around 7th grade.

- spidey

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    My father unearthed some of my old writings recently, all done between third and fifth grade. Here's transcript of a dream I had when I was eight:

We had a map of the town. We started out by seeing the hammer room. I wished for four leaf clovers that really gave good luck. they appeerd in the bowl in front of me. I took half gave the rest to Brandon. We saw a breakfast place. they had cereal and pop. I took rasin Bran and root beer. I saw that there was no place to sit. I couldn't find Brandon eather. I went to look for him. I saw some seats at a different part of the place. I sat down and went back to tell the other people. I got another root beer, forgetting I had one. my dad came and said get red of this water. he started to pour it out whe I said "stop thats my root beer I forgot!" He stoped and we left. I found Brandon out side waiting for me. my famliy left, me and Brandon set of for another place. we passed the camras. we went to the bed . then the white queen of cereals came and said Join us the cereal people. I yelled oh no cereal people and we both ran. we got past the hammer room and there they were again on the ice bridge. we ran back to the bed. I gave my four leaf clovers to Brandon so he could put them in a little pink glass jar. went over to the field, the Battle was ready.

Eh, I don't think a Pasue is necessary. I was eight.

Here's a three-parter I wrote around the same time:

The War Weirdo Part 1[/b]
    One day, there was a rich man that wanted to be a bum, so he took all the money out of his acount, and gave it away. He gave all his money away until he had twenty dollars. He spent the twenty dollars, and he was a bum. Then after a few years, he got tired of it. So he decidid to kill himself. So he went to the army. It was war against China. He went in traning for a pilot, it took him a long time to get out of traning. When he got out he still didn't know much about it. So he went out in a fighter jet. The war took two years to end. He lived 1 1/2 years, before he got shot down. They buried him in the dump. THE END.

The War Weirdo Part 2[/b]
    His family was gettig woried, becuse he wasn't coming back. He died by getting shot down by a bazooka. But he shot down 20 jets and bomed 50 forts and killed 255 people. He had just flown into the enemy tairatory, when he saw some forts then he bomed 50 of them. But some of them did not have people in them. Some of the plane drivers parachuted down. When his famly found out that he had been killed, the killed themselves. So the money went to the bank. THE END.

The War Weirdo Part 3[/b]
    One day the man came back (in the dump) to where he shot Howard E. Cornwell (the War Werido) with a hachit and a shovel, and he started to dig. He struck something hard. He got really excited, he was still digging when he got really scared. He saw a skelleten with a knife it started to walk and he got closer and closer, so the man choped him up and raced home. He came back the next day and saw the knife, it flew up and killed him. THE END.

I was just being a dick, am i the only one who dosn't remember their dreams?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I was a precocious, withdrawn, shy, and quiet kid. I was dubbed a "gifted kid" in 1st grade, so that was pretty much social death. My mother started to my brother and I at an early age, and we loved to read. I would spend a lot of time reading children stories, biographies at the library, the dictionary (won all the spelling bees), and Encycopedia Brittanica. My Black relatives in Baltimore would pick on my brother and I because we spoke properly ("Y'all sound like White boys"). I used to play chess with pops, and was the chess champion for my 4th grade class. I was small and bookish, so I was serious bully bait...but they didn't know I boxed at the Boy's Club. Needless to say, I had to kick a lot of ass as a kid. I was really shy and withdrawn around girls, but I was ALWAYS attracted to them, especially older ones like my babysitters Yvonne and Diane. I didn't develop my mack game fully until early in college (then it was ).

I didn't get along with my parents (especially my mother), because I was headstrong and independent (probably why I got bad conduct grades at school and the usual ass-whoopin' after parent-teacher conference). I wanted to do my own thing, yet my mother was (and still is) controlling and dogmatic. We mixed like a gasoline and a match. In response, I'd spend a lot of time in my room listening to music or playing my drums. I had a big 45 collection as a kid (big up Doc's Shop in Aberdeen, Maryland), and my dad signed my brother and I up for the Columbia Record Club. Thus, I had a gang of LPs to listen to, to pass the time.

I also found out that I was musically inclined when I was young. I'd beat on pots and pans and my Fisher-Price airport. That made my folks decide to buy me some drums, and pops taught me how to play. I was reading sheet music in 3rd grade that my brother brought me from his music teacher (Will played sax, and was "All State" for the alto and baritone). I started playing in various groups around town when I was 10. I made the varsity marching band (snare drum) in 9th grade, but I couldn't march because Board of Education rules said I was too young. Basically, my in-road to some acceptance was through music (and athletics to a lesser extent), as this was one medium through I got respect from my peers. My high school superlative was "Most Musically Inclined". It took me until the end of high school to learn to say "fuck y'all", and accept myself as I was. Self-esteem is important to healthy development.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak