Can anybody convert an M4P file to MP3 for me ??

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
It's for work, kinda. This lady sent me an m4p file from an ipod. The only software i found to convert this costs money and the trial only converts the first 30 seconds. If somebody has a way to convert this, OR, if somebody has an mp3 of "Wild Thing", I would really appreciate it. GB

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    if you can authorize me the file ill do it for you... otherwise not sure how to help . pm me

• It's for work, kinda. This lady sent me an m4p file from an ipod. The only software i found to convert this costs money and the trial only converts the first 30 seconds. If somebody has a way to convert this, OR, if somebody has an mp3 of "Wild Thing", I would really appreciate it.

GB

Can't you just burn it to audio cd in iTunes, then re-import it using the mp3 encoding option?

• if you have itunes set your inport settings (under advanced prefrences) the mp3 setting of your choice. then you can right click (or CTRL click) any file and convert it to mp3. the only problem with this is you are converting from a lossy format to another lossy format so the sound quality will be worse.

• the file is not "authorized" which is some bullshit. I can't do anything with it. I can't even listen to it in iTunes. I think i'm pretty much SOL on this one. Thanks though.

• Oh, smart person to send tyou a drm file.

Check LimeWire. It's prolly on there.

• Do you want the troggs version or ton loc's?

• Troggs version. I can't do file sharing software at work really so no limewire or anything like that. Anybody who can throw me that mp3 within the next 2 hours, I would really appreciate it.

• THANK YOU!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    if you have itunes set your inport settings (under advanced prefrences) the mp3 setting of your choice. then you can right click (or CTRL click) any file and convert it to mp3. the only problem with this is you are converting from a lossy format to another lossy format so the sound quality will be worse.

doesnt work for .m4p[/b]'s... the p is for