Raekwon Signs To Aftermath

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Wu-Tang Clan rapper Raekwon the Chef has officially signed with Aftermath Entertainment and will serve up his highly anticipated album Only Built for Cuban Linx II under the label founded by West Coast rapper/producer Dr. Dre.The announcement ends months of speculation as to whether or not the album would be released on the powerhouse label, which is also home to Eminem, Eve, Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent, and G-Unit.According to a statement on Wu-Tang Clan's official site Wu-Tang Corp., Raekwon is currently in the studio recording new material for the new disc, which is rumored to feature production by Dr. Dre and the RZA and appearances from the Wu-Tang Clan."Rae isn't taking this album lightly and it will be released on Aftermath Records, not on the Wu Music Group as originally scheduled," said a statement on the site. "It will be an instant classic!"Raekwon's solo debut Only Built For Cuban Linx was released in 1995 on Loud Records and set the Hip-Hop world a buzz with songs like "Ice Cream," "Criminology," "Incarcerated Scarfaces," and "Can It Be All So Simple."His next efforts, however, failed to match the commercial success as its predecessor--the gold-selling Immobilarity was released in 1999 via Epic while 2003's The Lex Diamonds Story was issued by Motown/Universal.In a recent interview with AllHipHop.com, Raekwon talked about the pressure associated with recording the follow-up to Only Built for Cuban Linx."It feels good to know that I achieved a mark that I always felt I could," Raekwon told AllHipHop.com. "For the most part, I tend to stay humble and respect that and not be overwhelmed with the love. It just makes me stronger as an artist because I know that people watch what I put out. So it's kind of a double-edged sword where it's a good thing and a bad thing only because--the bad thing about it is that you have to stay on that level as being one of the best, because if you don't, then why'd you make that? It keeps me on my toes."No release date has been set yet for Only Built for Cuban Linx II.

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    No release date will ever be set[/b] for Only Built for Cuban Linx II.
    fixed

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    which is rumored to feature production by Dr. Dre

oh lord.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    deleted due to slow board double up

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    remember that skit on "lex diamond" where rae goes off on a fake interviewer who only wants to talk about cuban linx and classic status? and then rae says something like: "fuck that son, it's about what i'm doing now!"

i personally can't wait for this to drop, but it better be 100% pure fiyah. and the only guest shots are by ghost, gza, and meth.. none of the c-team wu affiliates plaese..

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    No release date will ever be set[/b] for Only Built for Cuban Linx II.
    fixed

This ridiculousness has already been "announced" about six times over the past few months.

Stop holding your breath, stans.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    which is rumored to feature production by Dr. Dre

oh lord.

Somebody posted a Dre-produced Raekwon track in the last cuban linx 2 rumour thread, and it was actually pretty good. I think the title was flowers-something. I accidentally erased it. Could someone please up it again?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    remember that skit on "lex diamond" where rae goes off on a fake interviewer who only wants to talk about cuban linx and classic status?

I try not to remember anything from lex diamond.

• which is rumored to feature production by Dr. Dre

oh lord.

Somebody posted a Dre-produced Raekwon track in the last cuban linx 2 rumour thread, and it was actually pretty good. I think the title was flowers-something. I accidentally erased it. Could someone please up it again?

blue eagles. i posted that. it actually ended up on that vatican mixtape that came out back in July. that said, I deleted it too. sorry dude.

• AWESOME! I'LL REMEMBER TO NOT A GIVE SHIT!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yall dont think its gonna be any good? I could see it coming out nice.
    ?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    AWESOME! I'LL REMEMBER TO NOT A GIVE SHIT!

that was

colllld blooooded

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yall dont think its gonna be any good? I could see it coming out nice.

I couldn't see it coming out at all.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    AWESOME! I'LL REMEMBER TO NOT A GIVE SHIT!