View counters resetting (Ebay related)

Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
My auctions are ending in the next couple of hours and all of my counters have reset to zero. Annoying.Whats the hell? Anyone had this happen before?

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I've never sold on ebay before, but as a buyer I've had all my watched auctions reset to nothing a couple times. It's super annoying.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yeah, its happened to me before... but who cares? The BIDS are what count!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Of course, but don't ya think that the counters have an effect on the bids people place? I always figured they did

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Of course, but don't ya think that the counters have an effect on the bids people place? I always figured they did

I doubt it, I mean, its never affected my personal bidding practices at least. I never pay attention to the view counters at all actually

• Of course, but don't ya think that the counters have an effect on the bids people place? I always figured they did

they definatly affect me...if i see an auction with no bids and 200 views i don't even bother bidding on it...if it has 20-30 i will bid on it...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    those counters are hella faulty anyhow.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I doubt it, I mean, its never affected my personal bidding practices at least. I never pay attention to the view counters at all actually

I always thought it was strange that so many sellers make a point of including them... the only time I ever even look at them is occasionally after an item has ended

The psychology that you're supposed to want it more if more people have read the description is very odd to me

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

they definatly affect me...if i see an auction with no bids and 200 views i don't even bother bidding on it...if it has 20-30 i will bid on it...

this would tell me (if i were a seller) to hide counters. let people wonder who else has found it, and id think more would end up bidding, hoping they had a chance.

• they definatly affect me...if i see an auction with no bids and 200 views i don't even bother bidding on it...if it has 20-30 i will bid on it...

this would tell me (if i were a seller) to hide counters. let people wonder who else has found it, and id think more would end up bidding, hoping they had a chance.
    you would think so but when you hide them they don't work (or at least for me anyways). i think it's a good way to get an indication to see what people are looking for.