Science of Sleep - 4 1/2 Impossible Thumbs Up

ZachDZachD 318 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
(minor spoiler alert - going in to this movie 'cold' is advisable - I'm not giving away much but jus sayin..)Saw this tonight.. great stuff. Brings together all the bits and pieces of the Gondry world if you will.. robots.. dreams.. time travel.. french chicks.. happy/sad relationships.. cameras.. absurd humor.. stop motion animation... music... weird inventions.. and so on.Your thoughts?

Comments

• I want to see this!

• Recommended.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    im dying to see this

• Wife and I caught a preview of this after a very long day. Bernal is perfect for the part, and I like Gondry's stop-motion animation more than the computer effects of "eternal sunshine..". Beautiful movie. Saying anything more would spoil it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Wife and I caught a preview of this after a very long day. Bernal is perfect for the part, and I like Gondry's stop-motion animation more than the computer effects of "eternal sunshine..". Beautiful movie. Saying anything more would spoil it.

What computer effects in eternal sunshine?

- spidey

• going in to this movie 'cold' is advisable

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    seeing it tonight, so i will be ignoring this thread.

• Wife and I caught a preview of this after a very long day. Bernal is perfect for the part, and I like Gondry's stop-motion animation more than the computer effects of "eternal sunshine..". Beautiful movie. Saying anything more would spoil it.

What computer effects in eternal sunshine?

The dream sequences where Caery's character is wandering around, and the scenery changes around him, faces are smudged out, etc.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    alain chabat straight stole the movie, dude was hilarious!!!

The dream sequences where Caery's character is wandering around, and the scenery changes around him, faces are smudged out, etc.

Alright Alright, but you made it sound like the movie was just computer effects. I'm just saying give the gondry some credit, pop.

- spidey

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Beautiful movie.

• alain chabat straight stole the movie, dude was hilarious!!!

why do my armpits smell.... like sperm?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Gondry has a magical way with films. He's easily one of my favorite modern directors along with Spike Jonze and Wes Anderson. Science of Sleep was amazing. I might even say I liked it better than Eternal Sunshine.

gotta cosign...

even though wes anderson and michel gondry are a bit over ambitious, with what actually works and what doesn't.

I'll give it to them, because they are creative in an industry that desperately lacks it.

My only complaint was Charlotte gainsbourg wasn't too likeable, unless you know about her mom and dad.

- spidey