New Diddy ::hard as f*ck:: related

shakezula808shakezula808 92 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
New track off press play with Cee-Lo & Nas, Kanye on the beat. I was skeptical but the chorus and the nas verse is . The track is slightly awesome overall.http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E5C642FB11416591

Comments

• Pretty good but the beat is hardly all that. Too repetitive at first but the last minute is dope with the organ. I like that Diddy is really trying to reinvent himself. I have my doubts about how the club/streets will treat this. Diddy hardly even sounds like Diddy.

• Pretty good but the beat is hardly all that. Too repetitive at first but the last minute is dope with the organ. I like that Diddy is really trying to reinvent himself. I have my doubts about how the club/streets will treat this. Diddy hardly even sounds like Diddy.

I see what you're saying about the beat being repetitive during the verses, but that horn and organ swell and all of that goodness at the chorus just does it for me mayne!

• [ but that horn and organ swell and all of that goodness just does it for me mayne!

• Word. I've been hating Puffy steadily from the first I heard of him-- i.e., like before he started "rapping", back when all those people died at that basketball game he promoted up in Harlem.

That said, I'm really impressed with the direction he's taken on a lot of his new shit. "Get Off" was real wild, but a bunch of the other new songs have been pretty surpising, too-- "The Future" and "I Am". I'm stunned to say I'm actually kinda excited about his new record.

Love the way the Cold Grits drums are flipped on this song. Thanks for posting it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Uh oh. Is diddy in danger of going from overhatted to overatted??? This won't top "No Way Out" but its looking

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    1. Testimonial (Intro)
    2. We Gon' Make It featuring Jack Knight
    3. I Am (Interlude)
    4. The Future
    5. Hold Up
    6. Come To Me featuring Nicole Scherzinger
    7. Tell Me featuring Christina Aguilera
    8. Wanna Move featuring Big Boi, Ciara and Scar
    9. Diddy Rock featuring Timbaland, Twista and Shawnna
    10. Claim My Place (Interlude)
    11. Everything I Love featuring Nas and Cee-Lo
    12. Special Feeling featuring Mika Lett
    13. Crazy Thang (Interlude)
    14. After Love featuring Keri
    15. Through The Pain (She Told Me) featuring Mario Winans
    16. Thought You Said featuring Brandy
    17. Last Night featuring Keyshia Cole
    18. Makin' It Hard featuring Mary J. Blige
    19. Partners For Life featuring Jamie Foxx

As a dude on another message board said, 'big no homo on that last track title'

Also, I think track 9 was stolen from my brain.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I dropped 'Future' in the club at the weekend and shit sounded GOOD.

• can someone re-up please?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    SMH @ the soulstrut massive getting all hyped on diddy's R&B comeback terd.

Is any project where common gets a check from the budget automatically hot with the backpacker set? Im gonna check this for the nas verse i guess, but diddy is an over the hill joke.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    by the way, do you use the term "hard as fuck" in conversation that often? Seeing it all typed out in the subject looks like you found some old video of him and mase. (no homo).

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    At what point did this new Diddy album go from being the new shawnna of soulstrut to the new lupe of soulstrut???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Is any project where common gets a check from the budget automatically hot with the backpacker set?

Did Common write for this album?

I saw him on my corner this morning filming a scene for Ridley Scott's new movie in which he plays a member of Denzel Washington's trap squad (true story).