I just listened to the new Breaktionary CD...

vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
and my behind is sore. I just got it from the fine folks at Labcabin, who bill it as such:"This double disc set features BOTH a Qbert breaks mix and all four volumes of the super-popular Breaktionary series. On the first disc, Qbert shows the true power of his visionary break tool series by creating a 1 hour and 15 minutes non-stops breaks orgy using only the Breaktionaries. It sounds like the maddest funk 45 dj set ever (think Cut Chemist, Shadow, Numark, doing a set on Ritalin and Crank). This set is very similar to the sets that Qbert uses at b-boys battles, I can only imagine the hysteria. The second disc features all 4 volumes of the Breaktionary series in their entirety. This is excellent for DJs, but it should be pointed out that producers could quadruple their break library with this. Recommended."Qbert is my man. I cuddle with Bionic Booger Breaks every night, and jerk off to Qave Twisters. I had DPSM before you. I'm a fan is what I'm saying. Now he's got this new project going on, sounds good, and turntable lab really sells it with this review. I've heard funk 45 sets by Shadow and Cut Chemist, so my mind is picturing Razor Blade Alcohol Slide meets Brainfreeze. My package arrives, I get it out and listen to it in my car. Ok, this is good. It takes about 45 seconds for me to start wondering if I have the right CD in the player. This is one track, ~73 minutes long, so it's gotta be right. So why haven't I heard any scratching yet? Not one. I listened to the whole thing without hearing one scratch. Even Phill's mixes, which are all about the music as opposed to the technique, even he scratches occasionally (and with finesse, might I add). The damned thing sounds like a goddamn intern put it together in Live. What up Q? You don't fucking scratch anymore? You fucking mailed it in on this one.

Comments