Chevy Chase: Coolest Motherfucker on the Planet!

2»

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Chevy is funny. Of course Bill is funnier, but that doesn't make Chevy a hack. His level of funny is debatable, but you can't deny the classic movies he made. Is he an asshole? Who cares? Many, many, many famous people are.

Let's get to the point......Chevy got breaks. Check you Ultimate Spinach LP's people.

• Chevy is funny. Of course Bill is funnier, but that doesn't make Chevy a hack. His level of funny is debatable, but you can't deny the classic movies he made. Is he an asshole? Who cares? Many, many, many famous people are.

Let's get to the point......Chevy got breaks. Check you Ultimate Spinach LP's people.

BAN!!![/b]

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Chevy is funny. Of course Bill is funnier, but that doesn't make Chevy a hack. His level of funny is debatable, but you can't deny the classic movies he made. Is he an asshole? Who cares? Many, many, many famous people are.

Correct!!!

• How can you possibly discuss 3 Amigos without mention of THE MOTHERFUCKING STARRR!?!?!

I'm shocked too, Mr. Steve.

while we're on the subject,
    what was the last good movie this dude made?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

He's a victim of the tasteless and oppressive system that is Hollywood.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    How can you possibly discuss 3 Amigos without mention of THE MOTHERFUCKING STARRR!?!?!

I'm shocked too, Mr. Steve.

while we're on the subject,

I heard good things about Shopgirl but haven't seen it yet

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

He wrote a pretty good play about Picasso - - and he's
    still funny when he goes on Late Night.

Chevy Chase was funny BITD. Even those movies with Goldie Hawn were OK.

One thing is definite, though - he is FAR from the "coolest motherfucker
    on the planet" ... oh, and Chameleon Church sucks ass.

• what was the last good movie this dude made?

oh, the whole system twisted his arm and FORCED him
    to be in Bringing Down The House and Pink Panther.

bastards.

oh, the whole system twisted his arm and FORCED him
    to be in Bringing Down The House and Pink Panther.

bastards.

I'm glad you understand and are sympathetic to his plight.

• what can i say, i'm all heart.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If you are suggesting that Chevy Chase appears on an Ultimate Spinach LP I believe you are wrong.

• Chevy Chase might as well be the coolest motherfucker in the world in my book. Foul Play, seems like old times, Fletch, some more. Agreed, he can be very unfunny, especially in SNL. Didn't he write a lot for that show though? It's one of those rare actors from which I don't mind the fact that they didn't do all that many good movies. Bill Murray did much more decent ones. I could see Chevy in a lot of those roles and be as funny though.

• Chevy hasn't been funny in a long while. Funny you guys should mention him though because there is a Chevy Chase reference in the Adelaide Magazine this morning. In a feature on frequent flyers they profile Australia's Minister of Foreign Affairs Alexander Downer among others. One of the travel stories Downer tells is the following:

"Once I got on a plane in New York and saw Chevy Chase. After the plane took off he came up to me and said "You're Alexander Downer, you're the Australian Foreign Minister, aren't you? I'm Chevy Chase. I'm a movie actor. He sat down with me for about half an hour. It was terrific."

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

If you are suggesting that Chevy Chase appears on an Ultimate Spinach LP I believe you are wrong.

Yea, I'm just goofin. I think he did play with them, but not on record. Funny enough their drummer Russ Levin has a similar look. There was some connnection with Church and Spinach.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    "a bad jazz band"

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

in the early years of SNL, when he blew up, he was being a diva on some skit. Fed up with this, Bill Murray walked up to him, got about 2 inches from his face and just said:

"MEDIUM. TALENT."

And walked away.

SPOT ON

cosign....

Bill Murray owns Chevy and that whole OG cast including Belushi. Another medium talent who gained more notoriety for his self destructive persona than for actually being funny.

whoa.

dead that shit...

have you seen those old episodes? no ones owns Belushi, i'm sorry. Dude is head and shoulders above EVERYONE in the 1976-1980 cast... trying to throw Belushi into the "medium talent" pool is insane... dude wasn't just a drunken buffoon... watch the old shows, like his Capt. Kirk performance... i'm not going to on w/ this, but while i love Bill Murray, he was a bit player for most of his SNL career, until Ackyroyd and Belushi left...

bill murray took a while to get off the ground when joined... he messed up a lot of lines and got tons of hate mail b/c he replaced chevy... (the chevy/bill murray confrontation i heard about were when chevy came back to host, as, like it or not, chevy was by far the breakout star of the first year... the story i heard was that chevy didn't respect murray, who at that time, was a minor player on the show, and called him shit like Crater Face and the whole cast kind of resented Chevy for leaving... and thus screaming and fighting occured with lines like "why don't you fuck your wife mosre often?")

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what happened on the stern show?

I agree - Belushi was great. I mean, towards the end you can definitely tell that he was not all there, but for the few years he had it together there were few better. His stuff on SNL is about as classic as it gets. And "Neighbors" has to be one of the greatest movies to come out of the era in question.