Freddie Foxxx... NOT A GOOD LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Yall dudes need to go to comedy camp with that 1998 and 1988 shit, that shit was terrible. I feel insulted having read this. Yall are some dumbasses.

Shut the fuck up, who are you? Dudes can't detect when people are acting stupid on purpose. Get a life.

Okay bro. I was clowning a bad joke. Type a little softer.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I dun give a fukk. I needed this video in my life today. I remember the day Ron first dropped this mix. I went straight to the store and bought doubles. Then went down the street to check out 3 finger rings and the dookie gold chains.

• Halftimeonline: I was reading a couple of interviews with Freddie Foxxx and he always says when you and Eric B got together Eric was actually looking for him and he found you instead. In one interview he said he was trying to battle you and your crew back in the days but he said you didn???t want to battle. Is there any truth that Foxxx ever challenged you to a battle?

Rakim: Foxxx lived a town over from where I lived, but I NEVER fucking turned down a battle with that motherfucker! Foxxx get the fuck out of my face. You can front on the whole world but you not fronting on me nigga you never wanted it and you???ll never get it. This is what I???ve been doing from day one. Fuck that bullshit man. Back in the day we were supposed to battle but as far as I remember the story correctly they didn???t want to fuck around. They didn???t like coming to our part of the town. They didn???t even like going to the parties where we were because we drew at motherfuckers at the party. So run that shit by him. Tell him you spoke to Ra, tell him everything he???s been talking is fabricated and I never turned down a fucking battle with Freddie Foxxx. Tell him to knock it off and stop fronting. It???s Rakim Allah man he know who the fuck I am man.

Halftimeonline: Haha. That???s Freddie Foxxx though so I had to bring it out there.

Rakim: Yea, man they were doing shows around the way. They were holding it down for there town and we was holding it down in our town. The town wanted to see us do it. We were at every park jam jumpoff, house party jumpoff, and backyard jumpoff. Ask Foxxx where was they at. We only seen them at the roller skating rink and shit like that nahmean. I can???t even believe the nigga Foxxx had the fucking audacity to fix his fucking face to say some shit like that. And Eric B came to the hood and asked Alvin Toney who the nastiest motherfucker on the mic was and Alvin Toney brought him straight to my crib. I didn???t hear about Freddie Foxxx or none of that shit back in the day because Foxxx wasn???t ferocious like that. Foxxx had two other cats that used to rhyme with him. They were a good group but Foxxx wasn???t ferocious like that baby pa. Alvin Toney brought him straight to my crib and I was like Al who the hell is this? Word up.

That being said, Foxxx is cool but he can't hardly put a dent in Rakim's respect...I wasn't around, never saw Rakim rip it in his prime but Ra backing away from a battle with Foxxx seems unlikely. This reminds me of MF Grimm talking about how he was supposed to have Nas' spot on 'live at the BBQ', 'fast life' etc.

• I dun give a fukk. I needed this video in my life today. I remember the day Ron first dropped this mix. I went straight to the store and bought doubles. Then went down the street to check out 3 finger rings and the dookie gold chains.

didn't Rakim derisively refer to this as the "white boy mix"?

• I dun give a fukk. I needed this video in my life today. I remember the day Ron first dropped this mix. I went straight to the store and bought doubles. Then went down the street to check out 3 finger rings and the dookie gold chains.

sometimes I forget how useless Erik B really was.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I dun give a fukk. I needed this video in my life today. I remember the day Ron first dropped this mix. I went straight to the store and bought doubles. Then went down the street to check out 3 finger rings and the dookie gold chains.

I wouldn't be surprised. There's a semi-famous story about when they first toured the UK, opening for PE and LL, and they stepped to Coldcut, who did that remix, at a party or something. They accused them of fucking up their track and turning it into "a disco record". They were angry enough to leave the Coldcut guys pretty shook, by all accounts. Given some of the stories about Eric B's rep that have come to light since, they were probably right to be.

Yeah, from what I recall they didn't like that schitt. I didn't like it either. The chick singing, Okra Bozack or whatever her name, is kinda fly actually. But on a whole, not feelin' all that cute schitt they did on the mix. Turned a hardcore-ass hip hop joint into some clubby soundin' schitt. I'm sure that mix probably did get a whole new audience to appreciate Eric & Ra, but f**k dat, to me it's still

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Yeah, from what I recall they didn't like that schitt. I didn't like it either. The chick singing, Okra Bozack or whatever her name, is kinda fly actually. But on a whole, not feelin' all that cute schitt they did on the mix. Turned a hardcore-ass hip hop joint into some clubby soundin' schitt. I'm sure that mix probably did get a whole new audience to appreciate Eric & Ra, but f**k dat, to me it's still

I was just thinking how that shit is corny and how I never liked that shit.

• Ra still puts on a good show. And the new material he performed was quite good and has piqued my interest for his upcoming (wayyyy the fuck overdue) album.

The thing is. This rmx and the video probably made them on the world wide scene. It's probably their most successful track. I'm sure Rakim has never had a problem cashing his royalty check off this.

I can't hate. I'm down with the rmx. The vid is very dated, but the track I'll always like.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    rakim had no problem with that bollywood sampling shit on that addictive record. i guess he needed the cash. still though at least he ain't ever recorded a tune with a wrestler. i saw that one where Freddie is dressed up as Mr.T alongside Cena.

Didn't Jake One do some tunes for Cena as well? shiiiitt

• I loved the Coldcut mix. One of my favorite remixes.

• when you dis Rakim you dis yourself.

fox is a joke.

if i was rakim i would read that while drinking my coffee, give a slight laugh and go about my day.

when you dis Rakim you dis yourself.

fox is a joke.

if i was rakim i would read that while drinking my coffee, take a smash[/b], give a slight laugh and go about my day.