Fuck George Allen

2»

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i agree with that. Byrd is dead to me and talking about this stirs up some fierce emotions. i'm from SC and I had to watch that Thurmond cunt all my life. i've actually pissed on his grave--btw.

i live in VA now and this Allen/Webb race is very important to me. Allen has been an MIA senator too busy kissing ass and carrying water for RoveBushCo. from day one. He is a character that only seeks to move up the political ladder by playing the country boy game. He's done it since he was at UVA. The only thing worse than a Fratfuck Racist Southern Good 'Ol Daddy's Boy is someone who fakes like they are one.

When Allen was in SW VA stumping and was caught on film by Sidharth, he was trying to clown Webb for not knowing the "real Virginia" because Webb was in CA doing something with his publisher. Well, Webb's roots are in that area of rural SW VA. In fact, Sidharth was staying with Webb's family while he was out there.

So I hope Allen looses because he has not been a good Senator. I also think he is fake and full of shit. AND DONT FUCKING TELL ME THEY ALL ARE. Because these are the same people who also tell me Webb is too stiff and dry.

Additionally, Allen getting spanked will send major shock waves through this country.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I believe in redemption. Byrd is a great example.

"Even as late as 2000, Sen. Byrd (D) said on FOX television interview that there were "white niggers" also."

Take your pick...........

He's just a product of his environment.

There are Republicans who are much worse.

He only participated in the "good" KKK activities.

He wears the uniform that I'm in lock step with.

you are pushing it. First of all, Byrd is older than dirt and when he used that phrase ( i think it was '01 btw) he thought the n word could be used as a synonym for "ignorance." This was a softball interview by Colmes (the token liberal on Fox) and its not like Byrd got caught off-guard and let his inner-racist slip out. He was/is an old guy, disconnected from what is considered to be kosher.

why is this in the same thread as George Allen? I think Laserwolf already did a good job explaining the difference between a closet racist and a reformed bigot who has seen the light. Remember, Allen grew up in the late 60s and 70s. This was not a product of his environment type thing. The dude lived with rich folks out in Cali and was surrounded by black athletes. If there was a worse excuse for bigotry, please tell me. Furthermore, the dude is a complete phony and fraud.

Someone was smart enough to start a thread called "Fuck George Allen." Lets keep that theme going. Byrd is not only old news, but his situation is entirely different. Personally, regardless of how he has reformed himself, I wouldn't vote for him because I think it sends the wrong message. Some mistakes you can't erase. But let's not confuse an ex-asshole with a current asshole.

KVH...I think you make great points and I agree with you....

The reason I threw Byrd into the thread was in response to this.......... "but this guy is on a whole other level of throwback bigotry."[/b]

And the fact that someone would trash Allen yet defend Byrd is typical partisan BS.

• Back to the Allen v. Webb race. I think this article ("War Hero v. Faux Cowboy") from salon is pretty dead-on, and it was written before the macaca, n-word controversy.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2006/07/17/webb_allen/

"The son of a legendary pro-football coach, Allen played quarterback in high school and wore a Confederate flag lapel pin in his yearbook photo, even though he grew up in the wealthy suburbs of Los Angeles. He drove a pickup truck through college, and used to hang a noose from the ficus tree in his old Virginia law office as part of a "Western motif." Today, at the age of 54, he grows his sideburns stocky and square, and he squints when he smiles, like an old rancher who has spent too much time in the sun. Whenever he campaigns, even in the fluorescent hallways of a Holiday Inn, a young aide trails him with an actual football in hand -- just in case the boss wants to play catch."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A Racist is a Racist regardless of how long it's been since they burned a cross or if they use the "N" word in public or only in private.

however, there are only a few that have expressed racists sentiments that are documented and verifiable. They should be removed from public service immediately.

This thread and especially the comments above make me think of a particular Strutter.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    A Racist is a Racist regardless of how long it's been since they burned a cross or if they use the "N" word in public or only in private.

however, there are only a few that have expressed racists sentiments that are documented and verifiable. They should be removed from public service immediately.

This thread and especially the comments above make me think of a particular Strutter.

there are Strutters in public service?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

there are Strutters in public service?

there were, however after several scandals involving racist sentiments and the N word they were forced to step down.

only those whose brains were impervious to the lizard memory erasing machine really remember what went on

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

"Even as late as 2000, Sen. Byrd (D) said on FOX television interview that there were "white niggers" also."

you are pushing it. First of all, Byrd is older than dirt and when he used that phrase ( i think it was '01 btw) he thought the n word could be used as a synonym for "ignorance." This was a softball interview by Colmes (the token liberal on Fox) and its not like Byrd got caught off-guard and let his inner-racist slip out. He was/is an old guy, disconnected from what is considered to be kosher.

why is this in the same thread as George Allen? I think Laserwolf already did a good job explaining the difference between a closet racist and a reformed bigot who has seen the light. Remember, Allen grew up in the late 60s and 70s. This was not a product of his environment type thing. The dude lived with rich folks out in Cali and was surrounded by black athletes. If there was a worse excuse for bigotry, please tell me. Furthermore, the dude is a complete phony and fraud.

Someone was smart enough to start a thread called "Fuck George Allen." Lets keep that theme going. Byrd is not only old news, but his situation is entirely different. Personally, regardless of how he has reformed himself, I wouldn't vote for him because I think it sends the wrong message. Some mistakes you can't erase. But let's not confuse an ex-asshole with a current asshole.

The reason I threw Byrd into the thread was in response to this.......... "but this guy is on a whole other level of throwback bigotry."[/b]

And the fact that someone would trash Allen yet defend Byrd is typical partisan BS.

WRONG!

Dragging Byrd into this thread in an attempt to defend Allen is partisan BS.

WRONG!

Really.....which one did I defend???

They are both scumbags and I stated so.

WRONG!

Really.....which one did I defend???

They are both scumbags and I stated so.
    As you know, your first 2 posts were attacks on Byrd. This was a post about Allen. Why change the subject? When called on the BS, you innocently claimed they were the same. 2 peas in a pod. But, as you know, they are far from the same. You are playing a little partisan game, then turning around and saying "who me?".

As you know, your first 2 posts were attacks on Byrd.

Dude...you are amazing.....my first two posts were....

1) A photo of Byrd with no words whatsoever

And

2) The words "No...I'm saying he was in the KKK"

These are what you call "attacks"

and you want me to take you seriously......wow.

As you know, your first 2 posts were attacks on Byrd.
    Dude...you are amazing.....my first two posts were....

1) A photo of Byrd with no words whatsoever

And

2) The words "No...I'm saying he was in the KKK"

These are what you call "attacks"

and you want me to take you seriously......wow.
    Dude... you are amazing, and a lair.

Your first post was a photo of Byrd under the words:
    "but this guy is on a whole other
    level of throwback bigotry."

Your second post was:
    The words "No...I'm saying he was in the KKK"

Now you say they posts were not attacks? I guess to you being in the KKK and and on a whole other level of bigorty are compliments.

Sorry to hit you so hard, but you are being dishonest with yourself, you were sonned, but you kept going.

I'm pretty stoned.....into my 4th beer.....and feeling like we're on two different planets.

You defended a guy who was in the KKK, who ORGANIZED a 1,500 member branch of the KKK, who was quoted as saying that there were "white niggers" too, within the last 6 years......then you suggested that all that should be overlooked and we forgive him.

I defended no one.....pointed out that there are racist politicians of both persuasions....called them both scumbags.

and got in the process.

I must need to go back to dropping acid to keep up with this shit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

please please please please pleeeeeeaaaseeee be talking about me.

You don't understand how awesome that would be for me. Even if you aren't talking about me, just pretend you are, for my sake. I'm begging you.... If was anybody else, I wouldn't have even noticed, but since its you, I really need you to be talking about me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

please please please please pleeeeeeaaaseeee be talking about me.

You don't understand how awesome that would be for me. Even if you aren't talking about me, just pretend you are, for my sake. I'm begging you.... If was anybody else, I wouldn't have even noticed, but since its you, I really need you to be talking about me.

I waited all night to find out the answer.

harvey:[/b] Name names or you're reptilian!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    displayed a noose in his office,

when i heard this on Face the Nation i went crazy...i cant beleive this shit

US history and its cultural ramification is something crazy