ACETATE DISCS COLLECTION

DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
How many ACETATE DISCS do yall have in your collection?

Comments

• I have a couple of Philly pieces, one early Charles Earland disc and one by the Family (aka MFSB)...

• Nice.I love MFSB.

• How many ACETATE DISCS do yall have in your collection?

talkin tests of releases or the raw unreleased ish?

thrown away plenty of crap one-off tates, hold a few unreleased close to my chest. (trump card for the right heavy trade)

• I had a bunch of sunshine sound acetates once, but I sold them all. Some of those were really cool.

• Thats what im saying...

• what about your self?

crates of fragile ?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Some folks have bragged about owning some crazy unreleased shit on here before... I wish yawl would just bring it and post some MP3sss

As far as I can recall I don't think I own any acetates

• what about your self?

crates of fragile ?
    I have a wack one i picked up last week i think its from 1953 CAYUGAS WAITERS dub plate.Back in the day before cdr i had some nice disco re edits but it got worn out.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    (trump card for the right heavy trade)

I feel that

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    but it got worn out.

You guys do realize that you should not be playing these things like records, right?

• Yeah that is true.But the disco re edits i had was so hot i had to play it.

• CHARLIE PALMIERI

that's that real schitt.

i know where crink is coming from, but i think it's dope that you played a raer to death cause it was hot. nothing lasts forever...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Yeah that is true.But the disco re edits i had was so hot i had to play it.

that's that real schitt.

i know where crink is coming from, but i think it's dope that you played a raer to death cause it was hot. nothing lasts forever...

Its just very unfortunate when its a record that was so limited to begin with

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this schitt is hot

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    noz says:
    "this is actually kinda hot."

this schitt is hot

why is this not on Waxidermy, you fiend?!?!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

like said before, nothin lasts forever.

i think its better to spread the musical gospel than try to be the ultimate collectro salivating over your raers.

ah, if only Microwave wouldve come sooner.....

could have your raer cake and eat it too

• on what? loner folk heat?

I'm just saying acetates are not intended to be played more than a couple of times. If it's something good and relatively one of a kind you are basically destroying it by DJing with it etc. Burn it to a CD or something at least...

• A year ago I picked up the acetate for the Tom Browne-"Thigh's High" song with a part 1&2..I thought was pretty cool.
    amir

that's that real schitt.

Agreed, but in this case it last a really, really short time once the needle hits the laquer. And to make things worse, many of them are unreleased, meaning you have just successfully destroyed what might be the only existing recording. As crink said, record it.....and then I recommend storing that ish. If you must play it out, get a CD deck and drop that tune via disk. Yes, destroying the tune while getting one last club play out of it seems rockstar. Really really rockstar. But it's

• I wish they had CD BURNERS back in the day.All you could do was tape it on a TDK or press up another DUB PLATE.

• impalas- speed up/soul

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

trust that if i were to make up a record it would be more interesting than catesby jones. (it would probably involve cocaine and guns, am i right, dizzy?!)

crink the lp is at my parents house, if i remember next time i go home i will waxiderm it.

crink the lp is at my parents house, if i remember next time i go home i will waxiderm it.

Wicked!