How Yall Doin?!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I want some reports peoples. Records, happenings, gigs, whatever batches. -I watched Survivor, got bored and turned it. -I lost Ernie & The Top Notes-Dap Walk. -I bought an oldies classic rock stereotype collection w/5 copies of every Grateful Dead, Rush, Alice Cooper, etc record ever made. It not only got my woman mad at me, but I think it poisoned my lungs. I was telling my friend that I have now started a second puberty where my semi low voice has become Movie Commercial gravel. -I pulled some records from an "unpriced" section of a local store. I keep asking if they've been priced to no avail. I let 3 weeks go by. Call again, the worker calls the boss. He calls me back and says "Those records are big $ records. He will be putting them online." So basically I pulled this fuckers auctions for him. Glad I could be of service. -Still pondering after seeing a fellow co-worker was a convicted rapist on the Family Watchdog website whether to tell the site supervisor about it or not. The supervisor might already know, but he might not. Report on your lives folls. Guzzo, 99Probs, GBDiggs, L13, Drewn, Crink, Moist, DCastle, PhilMost, Paycheck, Faux, AI,Raystar, Stacks, Raj, et al speak on it!Peace!T.N.Funky fresh soundclip:http://thewaxcrusade.com/cedars.mp3

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I miss your novel-length rants.

I'm chillin'. Mother-in-law is over helping out with the kids so I get to kick back and watch First 48.

• man, these are my favorite threads...let's open up and emote! yet, they gets no posts...

work is so good, but so long. man, it is so bittersweet right now. plus, i pulled my 'bull in the china shop,' routine today, and some nonsense i spit out really offended my coworker. i mean, his name is bob, and i said that bob marley was a better bob, but sure enough...my delivery sucked, and he got pissed. ah well. i burned him a couple wailers rarities cds tonight to bury the hatchet.

i'm thiiiiis close to two really good dj gigs, but can't close that deal. shit keeps coming up- i gotta go become my cousin's godfather in DC for one of 'em, and some other logistical shite on the other one. i'd love to get this done, but you know...can only do so much, and the fam gotta come number one. and, let's be real- i'm honored to be a godfather, so its not really that tough a choice.

the new fall TV lineup is letting me down, nothing more so than CSI. Man, that was a great show, but it suuuuucks now. i need to get hbo. standoff sucks- ron livinstone with some two-face lady spilling awful dialogue.

wedding let down is a bitch, but man, was that fun.

i got date day on saturday, and i need some quiet time with my lady. we're going to look at some art...i haven't gone to a gallery/museum in waaaaay too long.

my gym started charging for towels, so i gotta be up on my laundry. no real complaint, but just something else to watch out for. now, i'm just bitching for bitching's sake.

got some good pieces on ebay this week. still working out, and looking ok. i like that.

need an oil change, though. put it on the list...

• -I lost Ernie & The Top Notes-Dap Walk.

I just lost Vampires Sound Inc - Psychedelic Dance Party.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I lost a thumb, but it's OK cause they attached one of my toes in it's place.

• I lost a thumb, but it's OK cause they attached one of my toes in it's place.

opposable toes are in this season...well, starting at 12, with the equinox and all.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    these fuckin chiggers are killin me. i need to go get some nail polish i guess.

i got the damn things from playing golf on tuesday. something i dont ever really do, but it was a memorial tournament for my father. it was 4 months to the day since he died, so that was a real shitty day. to top it off with the fucking chiggers, i'm kinda pissed.

but anyways, i just tried to remix whistles "buggin out", but ended up erasing everything. i was buggin out, the beat wasn't.

ex girlfriend finally decided to talk to me today. not so good on that front. i'd like to be friends with her, but she aint really having it. thats a whole nother thing and i aint really trying to get into it. oh well, life moves on and is too short to worry some shit.

been dj'ing a lot lately. at least once a week. thats good. i enjoy the hell out of it. especially with the dildo, cuz you can play any type of set at any given time. plus playing alll these remixes, and i have been able to expand my genre selection to realms i never thought possible. its dope.

on that tip, i have been getting into all types of new music. lots of new dance music that i am feeling. thats cool. people seem to dig it when i play that shit out.

i am getting ready to purge the record collection to make way for some new shit. i havent had any expendable income for a while now, so i want to try and trade in some of this shit i never listen to for some new shit. i got way too many double of shit i dont even need 1 of.

still trying to get some gigs out of state, but thats just gonna take some time and some more effort. keep plodding along...

but life is good. i'm alive, im breathing, i'm healthy, i can't complain!

• This is my first post in about a month (maybe longer) - Whattup The_Non!

The department I work for at this college is preparing for a site visit by an accreditation board this weekend and next week. If anybody knows anything about that shit, you know how serious it can be. They only do it once every 5 years. Me being the man at my job, I've been doing the 12 hours a day thing for a good 4 weeks now preparing for this shit. I'm still at work right now, in fact, at 9:30 PM. I can't fuckin' WAIT until next week is over, a bunch of people all over the college will be buying me lunch, dinner, and drinks for the next month or two. Plus I can go back to normal hours, hopefully. One of the 3 Deans here brought 2 cups and a small bottle of Irish Whiskey into my office today at 4pm to thank me for helping him. He's in his 60s. That was fun/funny.

I also haven't been record shopping in about 4 weeks and it's pretty sad. It's been years - literally - since I've been away from the record store this long. I think the last records I bought were in North Carolina in mid august. Got that JBL Sessions joint for $2, Lil' Wayne's The Carter 2, David Matthews Dune (lil dude shit), can't even remember what else right now. Some Albert King and some other blues shit. Couple flea/thrift type dollar joints, blah blah blah.

My life has been my job so my report is kinda boring. I hope to come back to SoulStrut soon, at least part time. I also hope to get back to the fuckin' record store already, cuz I don't want to be reduced to digging on eBay (that's not that fun for me and it costs more).

That's what's up. Hope all out there in strutland are living proper (no hammer).

GB

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    my gym started charging for towels, so i gotta be up on my laundry. no real complaint, but just something else to watch out for. now, i'm just bitching for bitching's sake.

I wish my gym offered towel, hell, since my move I've had to pay to park in the gym parking lot; LA will most definitely make you pay.

Still getting settled into my new westwood digs, kind of a trip to live in such a nice area. 2 restaurants less than a block from my home offer valet parking and It's raer that I don't see at least 10 mercedes in that lot.

The real food joy near my spot is the Carvel, open til 11 every night and they got a 40 inch plasma screen (Dish network guys said they can't come out til the 27th). ended up watching a Dodger game at Carvel last week with Nick Nolte...shit was crazy!

Finally got with record store girl I've been hawking for damn near a year. Took the smart route letting my crush stay low while we played the friend game for months. Now I'm straight up giddy chillin with a girl that loves rackords, can paint a wall, and is still sexy as fuck.

Also working 3 different shows for 2 different networks. Shits challenging and rewarding at the same time, getting me ready to go ahead and make my own projects. Pitched an hour long Jay-Z show today, hoping it gets approved.

New records been sorely missing from my life as of late but with the move, thje new girl and 3 jobs all being worked at the same time I really don't got time to enjoy new music. Been reflecting a whole lot on some older LP's enjoying Cymande and early Dizzy gillespie all over again.

If the Dodgers start winning again I don't think I'd have anything to complain about

• If the Dodgers start winning again I don't think I'd have anything to complain about

gotta couple things to ask you about guzzo, but that's on the back burner. but, congrats on the new lady...and, since the Red Sox tanked, I'm rooting Dodgers. Between the game I went to last summer out there, and that 4 homer game the other night, I'll bleed blue this year.

• Oh shit, I almost forgot about a couple of cool things:

I went to the first Broncos home game for free, drank free, sat in $300 seats in the club level at the 45 yard line on the broncos side of the stadium, for free. Got more drunk after the game at 6 or 7PM, got kicked out of a steakhouse bar, walked home through the ghetto, barely remembered it. That was a great Sunday.

Also, I hired one of the Nuggets dancers as my work study and she has promised me many free tickets (in decent seats) throughout the 06-07 season, plus introducing me to several other dancers.

2006 IS LOOKING GOOD.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    since the Red Sox tanked, I'm rooting Dodgers. Between the game I went to last summer out there, and that 4 homer game the other night, I'll bleed blue this year.

Man I'm kicking myself still for missing the end of that game. I was at that paylot gym and they didn't have the game playing but they had ESPNews on, I saw that they tied it up in the 9th but when I checked again in the 10th and they were down a run I stopped holding my breath.

Now if only they could actually get some momentimumumum and make something happen. I'm bout ready to go to some lucky trinkets and pull out my Orel Hershizer mitt and chill in Carvel for the next 10 games.

• Oh shit, I almost forgot about a couple of cool things:

I went to the first Broncos home game for free, drank free, sat in $300 seats in the club level at the 45 yard line on the broncos side of the stadium, for free. Got more drunk after the game at 6 or 7PM, got kicked out of a steakhouse bar, walked home through the ghetto, barely remembered it. That was a great Sunday.

Pats/Broncs on sunday...just did a piece on Broncos history today, and that's one cool team right there. great fugging fans. props to that.

• Hell yeah, the donkeys got some hardcore fuckin' fans. They tore the city apart when they one their last sb with elweezy. I'm into NFL this season, haven't been in recent years. Would like to see them get Cutler trained and in the game. Jake ain't cuttin' it thus far.....

• - I'm still getting adjusted to dorm life. I miss my tables and music making equipment. I need to get myself an Oxygen 8 or something.

- I'm looking forward to having a radio show here on campus.

- I haven't gone diggin in a minute. There's nothing around here and when I'm home I'm not there long enough to do so. Ebay is starting to become my spot haha.

• Hell yeah, the donkeys got some hardcore fuckin' fans. They tore the city apart when they one their last sb with elweezy. I'm into NFL this season, haven't been in recent years. Would like to see them get Cutler trained and in the game. Jake ain't cuttin' it thus far.....

I was looking for stills on the AP site today, and when I searched, "denver broncos superbowl," the fourth picture was a dude trashing a car titled, 'super bowl riot.' fresh....

but, no joke...they started that 'rock & roll part 2' shit that everyone copies, and the stories of old mile high and its shaking stands are not to be fucked with. these new stadiums w/ all the luxury boxes are a joke. i know that C.R.E.A.M. and all, but c'mon...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    -Cherry Italian Soda at a cafe still coping with the breakup.
    -On the grind with my job search.
    -I need to fix my stereo system (very wack).
    -Haven't bought records in like 2 months (coincides with the time i quit my job).

okay, enough of this depressing shit. I HAVE PLENTY OF DOWN TIME RIGHT NOW.

Looking forward to:

-trip to SD to visit friends
    -Pride Real Deal Oct. 21
    -the start of the NBA season
    -buying records again
    -making money

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Still getting settled into my new westwood digs, kind of a trip to live in such a nice area. 2 restaurants less than a block from my home offer valet parking and It's raer that I don't see at least 10 mercedes in that lot.

Guzzo, isn't Westwood parking a BITCH?! It's almost as bad as the Berkley/SF parking situation.

• You didn't really ask me, but I'll tell anyway...

-There's this girl who I knew years ago who had a big crush on me, but I was in a pretty serious relationship and nothing happened. I did like her, but I loved the girl I was with. Fast forward to now and my ex-girlfriend is in an Italian class with her, my ex called me for some bullshit and mentioned she knew this girl and she was on her myspace (I've always hated myspace up till now), so I sent her a message and we'll see what happens. Hopefully something involving making sex. I've actually thought about this girl a bit lately, but lost her number ages ago.

-I'm moving to New Zealand for a while.

-A good friend is having a huge party tomorrow night which I'm djing at. It will be very messy and there shall be lots of girls there.

-I finish my shithouse job next Tuesday.

-I'm getting an Ipod on Saturday, so I've been recording a lot of my records to mp3. It's good to have stuff just a click away.

-There's still bullshit with the ex.

But everything's coming up Milhouse at the moment.

• day 32 in a row at the refinery.
    i have to work at least 10 more days
    before i get a day off,
    and it's making me a little insane.
    i'm working so much because a co-worker
    started having mini-seizures and shit
    while on the job, and i'm not sure
    it's not from looking at these screens so fucking much.
    admittedly, my work primarily consists of
    punching a button here or there,
    eating chips from the vending machine
    and watching movies on my laptop,
    but that's neither here nor there.

wifey is looking at me strangely these days,
    like "who's this motherfucker?"
    that's what happens when you're never around.

no records. no records at all.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yall batches better spit on this here thread or I just might have to get "ignant".

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Guzzo, isn't Westwood parking a BITCH?! It's almost as bad as the Berkley/SF parking situation.

I'm the most fortunate of my room mates with only one parking ticket in the last 3 weeks.

I'm looking to buy a beach cruiser and just pedal 'round the city.

Are you in Westwood too?