chiggers

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
anybody got a remedy for these bastards? i got bites all around my ankles and that shit is annoying the piss out of me.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you don't just get bites they crawl up inside your skin bro

if you've got a girlfriend or female roommate brush some clear nailpolish over their little mounds

this drives them out w/the quickness

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    uhh, i guess thats a no, you don't have a remedy?

do they have some type of lotion i should get at the drug store or something?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    you don't just get bites they crawl up inside your skin bro

if you've got a girlfriend or female roommate brush some clear nailpolish over their little mounds

this drives them out w/the quickness

word, i dont have either one of those, so im ass out in that department. i thought i remembered that remedy, but wasn't sure if it was for these bastards or not.

FUCK my ankles itch!

• just pour/soak em in the strongest hooch you got layin around (whiskey, scotch, gin, etc.) andthat usually coerces them to get out. rubbin alchol might work too, never tried it.

or just cut yer feet off.

• Probably no creature on earth can cause as much torment for its size than the tiny chigger. Tiny six-legged chigger larvae attack campers, picnickers, hikers, bird watchers, berry pickers, fishermen, soldiers, and homeowners in low, damp areas where vegetation is rank such as woodlands, berry patches, orchards, along lakes and streams, and even in drier places where vegetation is low such as lawns, golf courses, and parks. They are most numerous in early summer when grass, weeds and other vegetation are heaviest. Chiggers do not burrow into the skin, but insert their mouthparts in a skin pore or hair follicle. Their bites produce small, reddish welts on the skin accompanied by intense itching as irritating as acute cases of poison ivory or poison sumac. These symptoms often are the only way of learning that an outdoor area is infested since chiggers are so small that most cannot be seen without a magnifying glass. Chiggers feed on a wide variety of snakes, turtles, birds, and small mammals as well as humans.

• i got chiggers after camping once when i was a little kid. those dudes gnawed on my legs and nuts. i was scratchin my crotch like i was diggin for gold. i remember my mom making me show my neighbor what the chiggers did to my nuts, pulling down my shorts and chones for her to see. ing

• but oh yeah, i remember rocking a lot of that pink stuff for bites n stuff (camoline lotion (sp)) and also tried the clear nail polish. they might as well thrown glitter on my ass and topped me off with a wig and heels.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i was scratchin my crotch like i was diggin for gold. i remember my mom making me show my neighbor what the chiggers did to my nuts, pulling down my shorts and chones for her to see.

they might as well thrown glitter on my ass and topped me off with a wig and heels.

LOL!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! U CRAZY SON! That shit is comedy!!!!!! I'm glad I live in the city of Seattle. I have never seen or heard of these "chigger" bugs.