Ralfi Pagan OG check

frankynipplezfrankynipplez 410 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I just got Ralfi Pagan - With love in the mail, and I think I got a reissue!It has an orange label and it says Orig. wan on Fania and the cardboard is white on the inside but the discription of the seller said US OG. I wanna make sure before I get back to him, I remember Joe Bataan on Mericana looking like a reissue but it was OG I need some Thanks!

Comments

• smellcheck?

even though the cardboard on the Bataan is white, it is still different from the newer material used on reissues.

also, you can easily spot the difference between an OG and a RE fania label - the last one is more blurry and has less vibrant colors

• Smellcheck..smells old..i mean it doesnt look like a recent reissue but maybe a later pressing. I know what OG Fania labels look like but i thought maybe this one was different on US OG's?

I just want to make sure because this comes from a known dealer that i assume knows his shit but maybe he made a mistake on this one..anyone with the 0G can help me out here?
    thnx

• There are several issues of this LP, the first has brown card and the cover does *not* feature a design highlighting the hit "Make It With You".

When "Make It With You" took off they reissued the record with some blurb on the front. Some of these issues have a pressing defect where the songs repeat starting at side b, track 2. It sounds like you just started at the beginning.

There is an 80s issue of this record too, although it is pretty clearly a reissue. It might even be on a different label.

• Jonny, You're the man!

thanks for the