i think "The Outsider" is pretty good actually

2»

Comments

• wow what an honour, i couldnt wait till i started getting insulted by some disgruntled 3000+ poster for having a (valid) opinion about something.

so you're a fanboy for hating that he changed his style up and a fanboy for blindly following his new direction as far as i can work out. in fact any opinion on shadow = fanboy.

P.S (insert extra diss for good measure)

The term "ass-hurt" gets thrown around here very freely, don't be so ass-hurt and you'll learn to love the productivity killer called "soul strut".

I think Shadow has such a ravenous fanbase that there will always be people will be complaining regardless.

Dude is trying to hard.

• the whole reason i dont like this new switch up is that shit i read in the urb article. How he said he wants to get paid and have his shit up there with 50 cent and all that commerical rap. Getting spins like that. And he realized that he had to pretty much surrender to this new shit and just follow suit. I thought that was little gaye but to each his own. If he want to go work with ying yang twins, let him. He will just fade outta the spotlight and disapper when that shit gets played out. In ten years you aint gonna hear bout the sha money xl's and jazze phas. shadow gonna be added to that list.

This post is great. Every word of it.

What, pray tell, will we be hearing about in ten years?

• the whole reason i dont like this new switch up is that shit i read in the urb article. How he said he wants to get paid and have his shit up there with 50 cent and all that commerical rap. Getting spins like that. And he realized that he had to pretty much surrender to this new shit and just follow suit. I thought that was little gaye but to each his own. If he want to go work with ying yang twins, let him. He will just fade outta the spotlight and disapper when that shit gets played out. In ten years you aint gonna hear bout the sha money xl's and jazze phas. shadow gonna be added to that list.

Can you pick-up junior from school? and don't forget to put on your sp1000 the weather hologram said the sun might shine today

• Why hip hop sucks in 96... it's the money

Why Shadow's new album sucks in 06... it's the money

Nah, I don't really care... he can go for his. I've spent enough time praising Shadow, it's time to move on. This Time is the joint for sure... that's all I need from him.

I did get talked into going to the Massive Attack/Shadow show at the Greek Theatre tomorrow so I guess I'm still a loyal fan. Whatevs.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the whole reason i dont like this new switch up is that shit i read in the urb article. How he said he wants to get paid and have his shit up there with 50 cent and all that commerical rap. Getting spins like that. And he realized that he had to pretty much surrender to this new shit and just follow suit. I thought that was little gaye but to each his own. If he want to go work with ying yang twins, let him. He will just fade outta the spotlight and disapper when that shit gets played out. In ten years you aint gonna hear bout the sha money xl's and jazze phas. shadow gonna be added to that list.

I, too, am fascinated by the prospect of a person who lives in a world in which DJ Shadow is currently "in the spotlight" sharing his predictions for the year 2016 with us.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    wow what an honour, i couldnt wait till i started getting insulted by some disgruntled 3000+ poster for having a (valid) opinion about something.

so you're a fanboy for hating that he changed his style up and a fanboy for blindly following his new direction as far as i can work out. in fact any opinion on shadow = fanboy.

P.S (insert extra diss for good measure)

The term "ass-hurt" gets thrown around here very freely, don't be so ass-hurt and you'll learn to love the productivity killer called "soul strut".

All arguments on SoulStrut come down to a race to be the first to credibly accuse the other party of being ass-hurt.

I really shouldn't be telling the game like this, but a lot of you little dudes don't appreciate the tightrope act involved here. One must be just abrasive enough in one's provocations to provoke a display of ass-hurt in the other party, while acting with sufficient subtlety to assure that one does not open oneself to accusations of ass-hurt.

• I'm not mad at the album. It's not cohesive--it sounds like the result of one who's into too many different styles of music, and wants people to know it. It really doesn't sound like he's doing what would come naturally, but that's just my interpretation. It still has some decent songs.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    he should of put the 'Seeing Thangs' featuring Nump & Gold instead of that extra Banner verse. shit was ridiculous.

you seriously think this version is better than the banner version?

Also dude it's goldie.

and droop-e mix is apparantly on
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DJ-Shadow-3-Freaks-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    an angry rapper (who has no idea what he's even angry at)

Yeah David Banner has nothing to be angry about.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    So is the actual album different than the one leaked a few months/weeks ago? If not I will probably pass on this.

The same, I think. I kind of expected it to get the response it's getting from his fanbase and the critics, but I'm not sure I expected that response to be quite as reactionary as it has been in places.

I don't think it's a particularly good album, but that's because it's not musically interesting to me. The non-sample beats would sound average on any Bay Area mixtape, and the alt-rock stuff is plain dull. I think I get what he's trying to do overall, and it's good that he's made rappers more of the central focus instead of placing them nearer the periphery like he often does, but most of it simply doesn't come off, and for me it's shown his limitations as a producer. He's actually got a great compositional ear when it comes to making sample-based beats, but I get the impression he's just thought, "Yeah, I bet I can do this other shit, too." Not as simple as it looks, is it?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    can someone please up the e-40 song, btw?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    id just like to take a moment to say that virtually no one rips a track like goldie does and i hope dude gets more shine off this release and everything else he is featured on

also, beat for turf dancin = top 5 of the year

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    man I like shadow and respect his musical ingenious, but this forum is the only thing stopping me from buy'n the new shadow record, which I'll take over any review anyday.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I did get talked into going to the Massive Attack/Shadow show at the Greek Theatre tomorrow so I guess I'm still a loyal fan. Whatevs.

You are talking too much

fo real, keep your ears open when they do "Karmacoma"...over here, they changed the lyrics to "I'm crazy...you're Patrick Swayze" WTF? That was not the humor I expected from them. Plus, they have a rock guitar now (where's the "beware" graemlin)?

• All arguments on SoulStrut come down to a race to be the first to credibly accuse the other party of being ass-hurt.

I really shouldn't be telling the game like this, but a lot of you little dudes don't appreciate the tightrope act involved here. One must be just abrasive enough in one's provocations to provoke a display of ass-hurt in the other party, while acting with sufficient subtlety to assure that one does not open oneself to accusations of ass-hurt.

5 ass-pads.