NHL Season Talk!!! WHATS THE HAPS???

igotthatbeatigotthatbeat 263 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
With last years season being one of the better in recent memory, this season should be Can Pronger get the ducks back to the cup finals? will Chara get the bruins out of the cellar and back into the playoffs? Will lindros be able to avoid a career ending concussion in Dallas? Can an aging brendan shanahan put the rangers over the top? Will ovechkins stats look like todays winning lotto numbers? can malkin and stall get crosby and pens back to respectablity? much to be speculated this year but here is what I do know...1. Islanders owner is on crack2. Canes will NOT repeat3. new kings GM has balls of steel trading trading our best player demitra for the biggest prospect in the game, patrick o' sullivan4. the flames are looking like the team to beat in the west5. pronger will demand a trade during this seasonIt's 2 hours till game time between the kings and sharks tonight (pre-season) and I shall be in attendance in the 9th row. IT IS OFFICIALLY HOCKEY SEASON!!!!anyone been out to thier teams training camp? hows the future looking for your squad?where the real puck headz at???

Comments

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    since I dont want you to catch a on this I will go ahead and post for ya since I like the sport.

I dont know how to answer any of those questions. Hockey is the sport I love to watch the most after football but my team (the hawks) have been in shambles since what.......95?...so I havent really been keen to check out the nhl for a lil bit. I still catch wreck on all the ea nhl games circa genisis and beyond though. Since I dont have espn any more I dont know what going on with any of those teams but I normally wouldnt pay attention anyhow. despite that I will say this. your gm is setting himself up for something bad unless he was trying to dump salary (which is probobly the case). it is never a good choice to trade a proven player for an unproven player with hype. thats just the way I look at it.

if you got nhl '07 for 360 pm me to link up for a game if you want.

i think this is the only reply your gonna get here.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i think this is the only reply your gonna get here.

Wrong!

It's a little early, but I am so amped for the season to start.
    As a Bruins fan, I actually have reasons to be excited or at least
    interested for the first time in a while - new coach, tons of new players...
    B's just beat Montreal 5-2 in an exhibition game, and super-rookie Phil Kessel
    played in his first game, getting 2 helpers and looking like a potential
    superstar!

I am down to talk hockey anytime, so keep it coming.
    There's enough Canadians on this board to keep the thread alive

I am SO[/b] getting Center Ice on cable this season!
    I ain't leavin' the house until May!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I have no idea why the leafs picked up your pylon (hal gill) for that much money. Not the brightest of signing and I'm sure you bruins fans are glad he is off your hands. I am very excited to see Ovechkin domiante the league this year, he'll win the scoring title, that is my prediction. Malkin should be really dope too, plus supposedly Crosby has bulked up considerably and has improved on his already stellar skating. He is still a biggidy bitch though....

I have tickets for two games this year, hopefully I can get more down the road.

toronto vs atlanta (in toronto)
    toronto vs buffalo (in buffalo)

I love road trips + hockey games, real canadiana, hah!

I have no idea why the leafs picked up your pylon (hal gill) for that much money. Not the brightest of signing and I'm sure you bruins fans are glad he is off your hands.

Gill is an excellent penalty killer, and can play well against
    some of the larger forwards in the league - but the new smaller,
    speedier game will make his limited talents even less valuable. He
    was rather unfairly the whipping boy on our team for years, but I will
    admit that when I would go to games live, he would be painful to watch
    sometimes, he stands out because he is so huge and looks like he just
    learned how to skate last weekend.

Raycroft on the other hand could be a good signing for you - he certainly
    was outstanding in his rookie year ... he looked awful last year, but the
    team was riddled with problems, so he was made to look worse than he was,
    I think he caved a little under the pressure of carrying the team.
    Of course, if Raask wins a Conn Smythe with the Bruins in the 2011 season,
    nobody over here will be worrying about what Raycroft did for you guys in 2007!

• anyone been out to thier teams training camp? hows the future looking for your squad?

where the real puck headz at???

stoked for the season ahead, second year with the new rules implied
    should be entertaining. unfortunatly for us western canadians out here
    in hollywood north our canucks have made a couple bad moves
    including the release of anson carter

i guess we lie our faith in roberto luongo, with no big line upfront
    we need his season to be