Email trouble - buyer being an asshole

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I sold a record to a collector from Japan. It was only a 20 USD record. I told him that sending records to Japan seems to be risky, cause two of my packages already got lost. The buyer still said he doesn't want the registry. I still send the package registered, because I wanted to avoid any trouble. Well, guess what, the record got lost (sending records to Japan never really worked out for me - it's either the post, or Japanese buyer's are trying to cheat on me). I send that guy a tracking number. He didn't even say thanks. I don't think he ever took care of his business. The package was handed over to the Japan postal services. I can't track it down any further. The German postal services said that the package was handed out to the reciever. That's the answer they got from Japan... there's nothing I can do. I won't get a refund from the postal services. cause oficially, the package didn't get lost.So, I really did this guy a favor! I told him that I would never give a refund for unregistered packages in my first mail. I deny to give him a refund now, cause I paid for the registry. And he's obviuosly too lazy or dumb to ask his post office. He keeps sending me an email EVERY 2ND DAY! I think his mailbox sends out emails automatically to me. His emails just say sth like: please send me the refund ASAP. He's been sending emails for 1 year now!I tried to block him. I tried every email filter known to man. I want him to stop sending me mails. What can I do? Is there an online service that could help me out? He's really herassing me. What can I do? I don't really want to talk to him anymore. he doesn't understand anything. his english sucks! worse than mine!

Comments

• grope
    whats the record on your shelf pic that is a spider looking woman with a stylized name coming out of her chocha?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Atlas 1 on Bacillus. Read my ISH feature from way back...

• Atlas 1 on Bacillus. Read my ISH feature from way back...
    damn sounds hot...i love aint no sunshine covers like no other.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    so my question is basically, if there's a way to block him. he's writing to my university email address which has filtering possibilities, but he can pass those. is there a software helper for those kinda issues. i'm not on outlook.

PS: can i blow up his mailbox? i'm really annoyed by that guy. it's been 1.5 half years. and i'm still recieving emails every 2nd day. i won't talk to him anymore.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Or is my email filter broke? it works for spam.

• Hey grope, what email program are you using? Outlook? Apple mail?
    A filter should work just fine.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i'm using the email address of my university... checking mails online. they have a self made website and you can use filters. outlook won't work with that address. some pop3 issues or whatever it is called. i guess the filter offered by my university doesn't work properly. is there any way to stop him?

can't i just blow up his email-address? illegal, right?

• man i never had a problem shiping records to tokyo, those guys over there are honest and legit, its just the way of the culture, you drop your wallet and someone will be chasing you to give it back to you with the money intact, same goes for if you set your jacket or whatever down somewhere in public, no ones taking, i dont care if its the hottest current fashion item over there, no ones gonna take it....you see bike racks lined with $6-700 bikes ALL day and they dont get taken...except by some drunk foreigners every now and then.

now if your record arrives graded wrong you are in for it!

• I would agree with the sentiments that Japanese collectors are very honest. Except for Kaoru Kamuro, a rap collector who took me for 300$+ a few years back.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    buyers not wanting a registry, asking for a refund

=

i'm not trying to say that dude did something wrong, but his email action is pretty annoying and false. no matter where he's from and what he is.

i just want him to stop writing emails to me!

• i'm using the email address of my university... checking mails online. they have a self made website and you can use filters. outlook won't work with that address. some pop3 issues or whatever it is called. i guess the filter offered by my university doesn't work properly. is there any way to stop him?

can't i just blow up his email-address? illegal, right?

You can google search for "mail bombing" programs. Basically these send a large number of emails to your victim's address.

It overloads the server of the mail server your victim uses, so those administrators would be pissed as well. Plus if your university found you were behind using mail bombing, you would probably be in some trouble.

For instance if you used their SMTP server and they recognized your MAC address. If you don't know what the above sentence means, just don't bother, because it would probably be more trouble than it's worth!!

If filtering doesn't work, you could always contact his administrators and explain the situation.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    thanks ashrock. i do understand that technical related stuff. i don't want to bomb him, unless there's a way to do it anonymously.

i think i'm going to call my university and ask if they can check the filter option again. cause it seems like it's not working at all. i added his name and email address and those mails still come through...

• thanks ashrock. i do understand that technical related stuff. i don't want to bomb him, unless there's a way to do it anonymously.

You could use a public wireless connection and an open SMTP server, that would do the trick.

Before wireless, we high school kids would go into a computer lab for a university none of us were affiliated with to do this sort of thing.

I mean, ahem, I hear that's how you MIGHT do it