midi keybroad recommendations

8bits8bits 146 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
i have a budget of $150 to $200 on getting a midi keybroad. I have been looking around and i can't decide which brand to go with. If anyone has any recommendations pleace let me know. Thank you

Comments

• I personally think all the Novation stuff kicks ass, but that might be a little out of your price range. The Korg Microcontrol is pretty durable and has an MPC-style midi pad section which might be of some use to someone (although, unless you have computer-boy hands, they might be a little small for any practical application).

although, if you are looking for an actual key broad = I would suggest this shit....

• fuck a keybroad keep it real with the midi gun

• Awww, dood wanna get space age....

LEMUR, BATCHES.

• Or for semi nerdism...

• whatever you get just stay away from M-Audio... flimsy ass shit breaks in a week. i had an oxygen8 that broke on the day i bought it... i'd go with korg personally. but there are a lotta other options.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts

i think this is everybodys true work station right here

But i was looking at the Novation ReMOTE LE 25 the only thing i didn't like about it was that has 25 keys but the specs are dope

• snosno 332 Posts
    whatever you get just stay away from M-Audio... flimsy ass shit breaks in a week. i had an oxygen8 that broke on the day i bought it... i'd go with korg personally. but there are a lotta other options.

Been using my Oxy8 since 2002, and it's like a brick.

Novation is a great choice, but their "budget"-ty MIDI controller has fewer knobs nd faders for you to play around with. I heard a lot of great things about these MIDI controller from China's CME:

Ugly as fug, but it has great touch (unlike M-Audio's) and sturdy construction.

• Or for semi nerdism...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Or for semi nerdism...

• Before I watched that demo, I thought it was a box of pills (seriously).
    What is that? I like how the strings were chopped up.

• Before I watched that demo, I thought it was a box of pills (seriously).
    What is that? I like how the strings were chopped up.

Haha, yeah I was intrigued by the pic silvertone posted, it looks like some kind of minimalist art-installation piece on that metal background.

monome.org

Apparently they just started selling these things for $500, which is a little rich for my blood, but I guess they're hand-made by a couple guys in Philly. And all the software is open-source and free.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Check out this midi controller i came across
    http://www.genoqs.net/TotalFull.jpg
    no video for this but the shit looks crazy........
    http://www.genoqs.net/15010/index.html

• I bought an Edirol PCR M-30 a year ago and have been happy with the feel of the keys and also has 8 knobs and 8 faders which i have found work real well with Ableton Live.
    At US$169 its in your budget range (unlike Lemur which is the coolest looking midi controller)