HOW COME I HAVE NEVER FOUND THIS?

2»

Comments

• Never seen Astro Sounds once. Finally bought Animated Egg last month off a strutter, pretty cool record. It seems like its only a half hour long or some shit is my only complaint.

It's also a one-tracker.

• I always thought the difference was that the Animated Egg didn't have those strings dubbed over it that the Astro Sounds version has. I've never heard that Black Diamonds record.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I've never heard that Black Diamonds record.

Like Danno said: one-tracker. Don't pay more than, say, $10.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you guys are fuckin' trippin'... name some better cheese psych-sploitation lp's.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Memphis Underground

• you guys are fuckin' trippin'... name some better cheese psych-sploitation lp's.

What about that 31 Flavors record? I've never heard that, but isn't that sort of an exploito record? Bokaj Retsiem "Psychedelic Underground" is considered exploito too I think, that record is sort of spotty too but "I'm So Afraid" and "So Bad" are fucking with anything on Astro Sounds in my personal opinion.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I mean sure, there is a lot of cool shit like this, but Animated Egg & co. is as good or better than anything in the genre... I just get kinda pissy when dudes that are not even really into this shit get all "one tracker", "one tracker"... this is not a FUNK/BREAKZ record. I don't give a shit if it's been sampled. Either get with Astro Sonds, or admit that you're not into blacklight-core stoner guitar freak-outs.

Go help me... I've become the rape_donkeys of EZ psych...

Either get with Astro Sonds, or admit that you're not into blacklight-core stoner guitar freak-outs.

I think they were all referring to Black Diamonds, I know I was. Astro Sounds is unfadeable.

• Don't get me wrong, I like that record. The fact that its a 101 strings record does add something to it, but it stands alone as a good album regardless of that. People collect many far lamer things than 101 strings records with fuzz guitar.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you guys are fuckin' trippin'... name some better cheese psych-sploitation lp's.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I mean sure, there is a lot of cool shit like this, but Animated Egg & co. is as good or better than anything in the genre... I just get kinda pissy when dudes that are not even really into this shit get all "one tracker", "one tracker"... this is not a FUNK/BREAKZ record. I don't give a shit if it's been sampled. Either get with Astro Sonds, or admit that you're not into blacklight-core stoner guitar freak-outs.

This post is great.

...and, without ever having heard the record in question, or any other recordings by the 101 Strings, or any other recordings by the guys in this case impersonating them, I proclaim it to be a massive terd.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    What about Mystic Moods?

The Awakening
    Erogenous

that's it?

everything else has been hella terd

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    10 years later - 1,286 trips to flea markets and garage sales and I have still not found this!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    RAJ said:
    10 years later - 1,286 trips to flea markets and garage sales and I have still not found this!

Same. I've still never seen a copy in the wild.

You're not gonna. Hard pull. WorldWarGrandpa either was scared to buy this, or bought this and got super pissed off and chucked it.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Delay said:
    Ave A flea market.
    boy it is sorely missed
    i’d roll in there in a sunday after making the outer borough sunday flea rounds [specifically the best flea known to any digging  man - the now long closed valley stream cinema flea] and AFTER breakfast  still find heat at 10-11 am

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Jerry Cole seems to be the under-appreciated talent in this thread. 

- damo