Rep Your Favorite Tupac Tracks

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
have to go with 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted, Picture Me Rollin or Hail MaryRIP Makaveli

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I always liked "My Block" off "The Show" soundtrack. Generally, I preferred his more low-key, thoughtful shit over the intense, hardcore joints most people seem to like him for.

• I'm still all about "I Get Around." Oh, and "Brenda's Got A Baby."

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    there is very little off 2pacalypse Now that isn't pure fiyah.

that being said his verse on California Love has always made me pretty damn hype. and "how do you want it" brings a smile to my face for nostalgic reasons.

dude is/was a legend, yet i always feel like i am trying to vindicate him to people who pretend to 'love' hip-hop.

fucking hatters.

• these are all straight :

• these are all straight :

fanboy

• "if i die tonight"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• What's the name of that movie?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    If you haven't seen the documentary on him "Ressurection" do yourself a favor and resnt it ASAP. its a very well put together piece that has him narrating his life from beyond the grave. His vulnerability is shocking and his commitment to the life he lead is equally as impressive.

On the extras you can catch a speech about race and politics he made at 20 years old that sounds like it has the wealth of knowledge that man 3 times that age would barely be able to speak on.

Dude was truly incredible

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

What's the name of that movie?

"same song"....not a movie, but lovely in its own right.

same song

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "If My Homie Calls"
    "Same Song"
    "I Get Around"
    "The DFLO Shuttle"

That is all--not just my favorites, but the only ones I can stand.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    When My Homies Call
    Ambitionz Az a Rider
    Strictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z.
    Holler If You Hear Me
    How Do You Want It
    Hail Mary
    Me Against The World
    All About U!!!

Damn dude there are SO MANY.

• Hands down "Straight Ballin' " off of Thug Life, after that maybe "It ain't easy" off Me against the World even though it's that cheesy (??) live instrumentation shit, it's classic to me.

• My favourite album is.

I always wondered how many tracks he recorded and released with big before their deaths. There's the one from the soundtrack (that I just forgot the title of) and runnin! Is there more?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Me and My Girlfriend

• If you haven't seen the documentary on him "Ressurection" do yourself a favor and resnt it ASAP. its a very well put together piece that has him narrating his life from beyond the grave. His vulnerability is shocking and his commitment to the life he lead is equally as impressive.

On the extras you can catch a speech about race and politics he made at 20 years old that sounds like it has the wealth of knowledge that man 3 times that age would barely be able to speak on.

Dude was truly incredible

It's some time since I saw it but I remember being somehow annoyed by the way all these bits of interviews were piece together.

Musically he did what alot of rappers did and had already done but he was just better to express in words what he did.

Check this short 3 part interview. I think he explains some issues very well here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnp3lch_ZEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6Y2keDEF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI4-ryYumQE

Did anyone see the british documentary on big's death? it's on youtube in 11 or 12 parts. search for "Biggie and Tupac Documentary"

• I get around
    Whats ya phone #
    Pain
    If my homie calls
    Words of wisdom
    Trapped
    Holler if ya hear me
    Point the finga
    So many tears
    No more pain
    Only god can judge me
    Picture me rollin
    Blasphemy
    Pour out a little liquor
    Str8 Ballin

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

So many tears
    Was wondering when someone would mention thisssss

"Temptation" is though

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    so many tears
    old school
    i get around
    i got my mind made up
    pour out a little liquor
    etc

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    what is it about tupac that attracts yall so much?

delivery, words, tracks he rocks over, etc...

i dont like tupac at all. his delivery is very nice and his voice is okay at times. his songs bore me though and most of his production bores me too. i guess i also grew up with most of his interscope stuff which i thought was good but i never really cared overall. anything after "brenda" is kinda garbage in my opinion. especially all that DR shit he was doing after he got out of jail..

most of this could be because he changed up his game 4x and kept saying "naw this is who i really am..." kinda talk. that shit annoyed me. i also was way more into the east coast rap style than i was with the west coast and almost all my folks couldnt get with dudes shit so... well, yeah, so i didnt listen.

i guess it just fascinates me how people have grabbed hold of dudes music so hard that theyre on some ride or die tupac 4life. college courses on his music, books about him, poetry about how he changed folks lives... etc.

so.... why yall love him so much? make me see the light...

im not out for a fight with no one... just telling you my thoughts.

• no one cares what u think faggot.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

i also was way more into the east coast rap style than i was with the west coast and almost all my folks couldnt get with dudes shit so... well, yeah, so i didnt listen.[/b]

i guess it just fascinates me how people have grabbed hold of dudes music so hard that theyre on some ride or die tupac 4life. college courses on his music, books about him, poetry about how he changed folks lives... etc.

why should we even try to explain if you haven't even tried to listen.

i was admittedly an 'east coast' dude too, but after giving pac a few listens i realized he said some pretty amazing shit. and he connected with huge groups of people. thus the ride or die people.

my suggestion, listen to 2pacalypse Now...personally that is an easy one to acquaint yourself with, good production, political, some bangers, etc. But, if you still have hang ups from a contrived beef or suge knight, then call it quits now. Pac got plenty of fans...

• no one listed this one yet, but:

To Live and Die in L.A.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    what is it about tupac that attracts yall so much?

i dont like tupac at all. his delivery is very nice and his voice is okay at times. his songs bore me though and most of his production bores me too. i guess i also grew up with most of his interscope stuff which i thought was good but i never really cared overall. anything after "brenda" is kinda garbage in my opinion. especially all that DR shit he was doing after he got out of jail..

most of this could be because he changed up his game 4x and kept saying "naw this is who i really am..." kinda talk. that shit annoyed me. i also was way more into the east coast rap style than i was with the west coast and almost all my folks couldnt get with dudes shit so... well, yeah, so i didnt listen.

I have to agree with Jinx here, I really don't see the attraction. Not hating, I just don't understand what makes 2Pac really stand out so much other than the fact he died before his time. Might be a good time to re-visit some of the tracks people have mentioned so far though.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    "If My Homie Calls"
    "Same Song"
    "I Get Around"

That is all--not just my favorites, but the only ones I can stand.

i like these and i agree...

california love was played SO MUCH out here that while once i really liked that track and now i cant stand it.

i heard tupac ALL day yesterday on the local radio stations. i purposely listened in to hear his music some... yeah hes a dope lyricist but i still cant feel him the way some of yall do. maybe if i sat down and just listened to his vocals id get into his stuff a little more.

i worked in the music industry from 92/00 so i heard every album he put out up until that point... so its not like i never sat and listened to his records, like, once. what im saying is that i just didnt really listen cause no one i knew liked him so i never got to roll around the streets listening to his music or up in the clubs that i went to we never heard his stuff being played. plus i dealt with mostly college and mixshow DJs during those years and they never really reported playing those tracks unless the label reps were hounding them to report it to me or if DRows label rep hollered at me afraid he'd get beat down if pacs music didnt make our charts.

ill go grab 2pacalypse and give it a listen...

• what is it about tupac that attracts yall so much?

I have to agree with Jinx here, I really don't see the attraction. Not hating, I just don't understand what makes 2Pac really stand out so much other than the fact he died before his time. Might be a good time to re-visit some of the tracks people have mentioned so far though.

When 2Pacalypse first dropped i thought 'Trapped' was decent and the support of DU gave him some credit/connections---he seemed to be able to perfectly capture the inner-city angst and fury that many minorities were sensing in the early 90's...his roles in Juice and Above the Rim further catapulted him into the spotlight and his brushes with the law and numerous courtcases--not to mention his affiliation with the Panthers--made him a figure whose male bravado and fearless 'F the Police' attitude encapsulated a feeling many hiphoppers could readily indentify with...once he hooked up with Dre though it was officially

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    pain
    loyal to the game
    definition of a thug nigga
    point tha finga
    peep game
    guess who's back
    representin 93
    strictly 4 my niggaz
    bury me a g
    pour out a little liqour
    str8 ballin
    stay true

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

i also was way more into the east coast rap style than i was with the west coast and almost all my folks couldnt get with dudes shit so... well, yeah, so i didnt listen.[/b]

why should we even try to explain if you haven't even tried to listen.

i was admittedly an 'east coast' dude too, but after giving pac a few listens i realized he said some pretty amazing shit. and he connected with huge groups of people. thus the ride or die people.

my suggestion, listen to 2pacalypse Now...personally that is an easy one to acquaint yourself with, good production, political, some bangers, etc. But, if you still have hang ups from a contrived beef or suge knight, then call it quits now. Pac got plenty of fans...

My theory, for what it's worth, is that Pac performed a similar role in the lives of a generation of black kids as Kurt Cobain did for the corresponding generation of white kids. Their music couldn't be more different, obviously, but either by accident or design, they both became controversial, iconic figures whose audience saw their music as something which spoke directly to them, and who had a lasting cultural impact far beyond just music, both in life and in death. In the latter case, their early deaths have only strengthened that impact.

Feel free to apply liberal use of the graemlin if you disagree.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    bump for the new albums...all are MUST OWNs!!!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i can't believe NO ONE mentioned 'heartz of men,' probably my favorite pac track at the moment.

production by 'david blake' lol