Looks like Mary's next album will be a blinder.

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    (as an album, i knew her remember her on the radio since 'real love')

He had a crush on her since "Real Love," when he first noted that them jeans (no Ginuwine) were fittin' her like a glove.

• Hold your horses.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

He had a crush on her since "Real Love," when he first noted that them jeans (no Ginuine) were fittin' her like a glove.

Yeah but can batches like S.W.V. and T.L.C. see D.E.E. with telepathy?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

He had a crush on her since "Real Love," when he first noted that them jeans (no Ginuwine) were fittin' her like a glove.
    but at my sentence structure.

Hold your horses.

Whoah!

Sit back relax

And while we're on this subject:

Uggh... Nice Watch Presents The SWV Collection

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    them jeans

Please, it's "them janes." (Unless you're Terry_Clubbup, in which case it's "parajeens" [Unless you're my mother-in-law, in which case it's "jean pants" {Unless you're Jahiem, it which case it's dungarees, god help you}])

And two things:

1. If you're a guy who's not old enough to have at least contemplated pushing up on a cute girl in a baseball jersey and Timberlands, please don't try to talk to me about Mary J. Blige. (Loss of down, however, if you bought into that H-Town vid-joe with the chicks in umpire gear. That shit was a bridge too far.)

2. If the resolution of this thread does not somehow involve deedge and faux going red-head-to-shaven-head in a duelling "The Girl Is Mine"-style rendition of "I Can Love You (Better Than He Can)", I will be, as we used to say, mad disappointed.

them jeans

Please, it's "them janes." (Unless you're Terry_Clubbup, in which case it's "parajeens"

For those of you that are not knowing: a much younger Terry_Clubbup once believed that he had obtained the five keys that would allow him to pass through the gates of cool. That is, he had acquired a different pair of nylon parachute pants for each weekday... on the eve of the month in which they fell precipitously out of style. He was clowned mercilessly. That's why he is like how he is.

[Unless you're my mother-in-law, in which case it's "jean pants" {Unless you're Jahiem, it which case it's dungarees, god help you}])

And two things:

1. If you're a guy who's not old enough to have at least contemplated pushing up on a cute girl in a baseball jersey and Timberlands, please don't try to talk to me about Mary J. Blige. (Loss of down, however, if you bought into that H-Town vid-joe with the chicks in umpire gear. That shit was a bridge too far.)

I believe deej could have been no more than 8 during that era, but perhaps he was--how you say?--precocious.

• 1. If you're a guy who's not old enough to have at least contemplated pushing up on a cute girl in a baseball jersey and Timberlands,

with a matching "40 acres and a mule" baseball cap.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I believe deej could have been no more than 8 during that era, but perhaps he was--how you say?--precocious.
    I donno I think I might have caught the tail (cough) end of it, i was 12 in '95 so maybe when everyone switched to all-black clothing. Also there is no doubt the TLC "Creep" video was a big influence. Colorful satin soft focus