MPS documentary

teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.monitorpop.de/index.php?cat=shop&id=150&ref=mpsnewsAnyone got a peep at this? I want to see it but can't afford ???30 right now ..

Comments

• Oooooh...

Nice-looking. I think I??ll have to get this. Hope it??s got some Volker Kriegel footage! This could be dope as hell, easily one of my favourite labels!

- J

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Is that Jann Teigen in your avatar, CosmoP?

• Ohh there is a chapter on the dvd called "Noisy Silence Gentle Noise sessions: Kriegel learns to play sitar"

Oooooh...

Nice-looking. I think I??ll have to get this. Hope it??s got some Volker Kriegel footage! This could be dope as hell, easily one of my favourite labels!

- J

• The bass player's stance needs to be seen to be believed in that Youtube clip.
    YIKES.
    That's the true definition of SLAPZ.
    Germany in 1983 =

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    shit Dante you aren't kidding.... that bass player was cracking me up in the first few seconds of the clip when you really see his stance in action

tight band

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    that band is NOT german.

so sad! a friend of mine wanted to do a MPS documentary for his final year project. Then he found out about the one in the making.

I saw a documentary about Volker Kriegel on TV. They showed him sitting in his living room in the 60s, chilling out, listeing to reel-to-reel recordings, playing sitar on the couch. smoking, reading, arguing with dave pike. face-melting!
    the only one that can beat volker kriegel on the sitar (german sitar players related) was siggi schwab.

• Whoah! That bass-player has got to have some serious leg-musculature to pull that stance off! He should be doing ads for StairMaster.

Yes, Mr Dejean, it??s Treigen himself! He looks pretty mashed up in that photo.

Hey Grope, what about Okko Becker? Or was he Swiss?

- J

• Recording session for this?

- J

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Germany in 1983 =

They're not German. I hate to admit it, but the band in that clip is Danish.

Bonus info: the elderly gentleman introducing them is Bent Fabricius-Bjerre (AKA Bent Fabric of "Alley Cat" fame").

Now my local Fonk experience and get back to Volker Kriegel and the other MPS Schnitzels. I want to know if that DVD is worth getting too.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Hey Grope, what about Okko Becker? Or was he Swiss?

- J

DUTCH!

I think his backing badn was all German though. And he grew up in Germany?! I have no idea. Okko is cool. I need that rekkid. I can't believe Mr. Kaizer found it for cheap in Stuttgart. Lucky bastard! Haha.