Rep yo' scars!

2»

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    the lack of pictures of this thread is disappointing.

• I got two 5-inch scars on my forearm starting at my wrist and going about halfway to my elbow. Under each scar are metal plates with 6 screws drilled into my bones. I snapped my arm just bellow the wrist skating and it was a compound fracture. They had to do the metal plate thing to hold it all together while it healed. They didn???t want to take out the hardware cause the holes where the screws are might not fill in all the way leaving the bones weak. On each side of the scars are a bunch of little holes where the staples were holding the skin together after the operation.

• The dog was put to sleep.

Maybe it's because I'm drunk, but this made me laugh out loud.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    forehead: I don't remember it and my mother has conflicting stories about how it happened but it's been there my whole life and it's about an inch or so long. I wonder if one of my parents are the reason for it, wouldn't surprise me.

back of head: when i was about 5 or so I took my mattress off my bed and pretended it was a hurdle. I then played olympics in my socks. I slipped and smashed the back of my head into the bed post. I hurt so I grabbed a Blue pillow and held it on my head. I passed out. My parents found me with a red pillow that was dripping with blood. Got 7 staples for that.

right side of my head, during an invigorating game of "rock fight" I got tagged in the side of my head splitting it open. I hated getting staples removed from my head so I decided to hold a wet rag on it til it stopped bleeding. Took about an hour but it stopped.

top of my head: during a game of tag I was chasing my friend up this spiral slide, he jumped off and I jumped after but jumped to soon. A bolt was hanging down and stuck me in the top of the dome.

left thumb: around the 3rd grade a chisle met my thumb and sliced it open

right hand: car wreck around the 6th grade split the left side of my right palm the fuck open. Again refused to go to doctor cause I thought stitches were like staples. After it started to smell I got a tetnus shot for that shit.

Left bicep: This isn't really a scare but more of a permanant mark. in the 7th grade I was fucking around in world history and went to punch this kid in the chest who was sitting one person over. Well turns out the dude in the middle was holding a pencil straight up in the air. The pencil stabbed me in the arm. I still have a blue/black dot where it stuck me.

right thigh: riding my bike down this big ass hill I got cut off by some mountain bikers. In an attempt to avoid a collision I took the turn wide which took me into the desert and right into a wooden road barricade that was attatched to these posts. I hit one side, the screws ripped out of the post. The other end was still attatched which caused the barricade to spring back and drive one of the large screws into my leg about 3 inches deep. got some stitches for that about 6 inches from my nuts.

pinhole scar on my calve. On day while mowing the lawn where it was pretty fucked up from the previous owner I heard a rattling in the lawn mower. Then something shot out and the next thing I know I have a piece of a coathanger sticking out of my leg. It was all twisted up inside my calve. As I pulled it out I could see the metal twisting and turning inside my leg. I could also feel it ripping the shit out of my calve. that shit sucked.

right forearm: Back when I went to UT and lived in Simkins I got drunk at a party. Went back to the dorm to get my roomate and convince him that studying was retarded. On the way out I yell "Karate Kid motherfucker" at him and I punched out the window in the stairwell. As I pulled my fist out of the window I sliced my forearm on the broken glass. The a couple days later it rained and the stairwell flooded.

my fingers have a lot of scars. the most recent was when I let this diamond tipped cut off wheel cut a nice groove into my thumb. I've done that before with regular cutoff wheels but that shit's not as bad because it burns a little and doesn't bleed as much. the diamond wheel sucked. I just wrapped my thumb in electrical tape but blood kept dripping on everything.

• Cut on the bottom of my foot from the rocks in the water (i hope) at Doheney while surfing, 8 stitches. Scar across the bottom of my chin from going over my handlebars chin first, I was going so fast I was probably still holding on when I hit my face on the ground, 12 stitches. All my knuckles and in between my knuckles have scars on them from falling face first on a skateboard and using them to stop while going down a hill. On the inside of my right knee I have a large "U" shaped scar from an old-school bmx pedal that dug into my leg after hitting a mailbox, 50 some stitches. Finally, a little scar that needed 3 stitches between my eyes from putting my eye right on the scope of a 30/30 not knowing about the kickback. It scared the shit out of me thinking it had backfired because the blood just started pouring out.

• top of the head-- backflip into pool, missed pool.
    between eyes (bridge of nose) -- castle greyskull at full speed
    left pinkie finger -- box opener when opening a box of red paint.thought the drips on the floor were paint

there are some more, but they healed over so they are disqualified even though there better stories.

• Scar above my right eye from getting hit with an aluminum baseball bat (thank god it wasn't an inch lower). This was about a week after seeing a kid fall off a tall slide and get a woodchip stuck in his cheek. I remember being able to see one end of the woodchip inside his mouth when he was crying.

Scar on my left hand from, get this, playing mercy with a girlfriend of mine in like 9th grade. She had long, practically chiseled, nails which I didn't really notice until one of them was sticking into my flesh.

Scar on my palm from trying to pull a cable out of the sand at the beach. To this day, I have no idea what the cable was doing in the sand, or what it was anchored to, but when I tried to pull at it, it cut through my hand like razor wire.

Several scars on my right thigh from falling hard onto a garbage bag full of glass bottles. Could have been MUCH worse.

Scar on the top of my head from jumping off our kitchen counter when I was three and hitting my head on the metal corner of the stove.

Couple scars from various surgeries.

One of my good friends, Eric, had to be taken to the hospital in high school during a party after he drunkenly bet another kid that he couldn't pull a carving knife, that Eric was holding BY THE BLADE, out of his hand.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm a clumsy motherfucker and am riddled with scars from my own making. Probably proudest one though is scar on left side of head just past the temple.

Parents had left me and my older brother alone in the house for the first time while they went and watched a fireworks display on bonfire night.

Me and my bro decided to celebrate by having an impromptu game of indoors soccer with a small football. He deiced to chuck it up for me to perform a diving header on but misjudged his throw and tossed it next to this old upward standing piano we had in the corner of the living room. Never one to wuss out i went for the header and connected with it sweetly. Unfortuantely my dive took me straight into the corner of the piano where i cracked upon my head.

Got to spend the rest of the night in A&e surrounded by burn victims and whenever I cut my hair really short still have the scar showing through.

Apart from that got the usual mix of eyebrow scars, 5 inch long, half inch wide scar on my right foot etc etc.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    castle greyskull at full speed
    This is the funniest thing I've ever read and should be your location.