A Kid's Review of 50 Cent's Book

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
6 of 28 people found the following review helpful: LIAR![/b], December 28, 2005A Kid's Review[/b]We all know this book is a lie. Don't buy it. Don't waste your time reading if you're trying to figure out 50 cent because this book is full of lies. He, like he said, is "Getting Rich." He's not even trying. So there is no way he could possibly die trying. This guy got shot 9 times (if it's true) and "survived" (if he really did get shot 9 times) and is using this "experience" to make money of it. He's just looking for random ways to get money. He made cds which is ok I guess. But he took it too far with the movie, the video game, and especially the book. Who does this guy think he is?!? He is getting rich but he sure isn't trying because if he were he would make up better lies. Source

Comments

• Did a little kid really write this review?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• 6 of 28 people found the following review helpful:

LIAR![/b], December 28, 2005
    A Kid's Review[/b]
    We all know this book is a lie. Don't buy it. Don't waste your time reading if you're trying to figure out 50 cent because this book is full of lies. He, like he said, is "Getting Rich." He's not even trying. So there is no way he could possibly die trying. This guy got shot 9 times (if it's true) and "survived" (if he really did get shot 9 times) and is using this "experience" to make money of it.

He's just looking for random ways to get money. He made cds which is ok I guess. But he took it too far with the movie, the video game, and especially the book. Who does this guy think he is?!?

He is getting rich but he sure isn't trying because if he were he would make up better lies.

Source

Alright which strutter is this?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sounds like someone over here could have wrote that

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wrote that

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "survived"

"experience"

This guy comes from the Adam Klein school of quotation mark usage, where they denote not what anybody actually said but are simply sprinkled around to add flavor like some piquant tropical spice.

Also: I want to know if Reynaldo has read this, it being ghostwritten by the one kris ex and all.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Also: I want to know if Reynaldo has read this, it being ghostwritten by the one kris ex and all.
    No, I've only browsed through it quickly at Borders and it seemed less than life-changing so I didn't cop.

No, I've only browsed through it quickly at Borders and it seemed less than life-changing so I didn't cop.

Limiting yourself to life-changing books and records is a good look.

Tell me, what were the last three (life-changing) books that you read?

• Also: I want to know if Reynaldo has read this, it being ghostwritten by the one kris ex and all.

I read it, and I kinda agree with the kid. he could've made up some better lies. His JMJ explanation was somewhat interesting, though

I read it, and I kinda agree with the kid. he could've made up some better lies. His JMJ explanation was somewhat interesting, though

Oh snap!

Tell me, how would you compare it to this no doubt so necessary text?

• Also: I want to know if Reynaldo has read this, it being ghostwritten by the one kris ex and all.

Oh snap!

Tell me, how would you compare it to this no doubt so necessary text?

Damn, haven't had a chance to pick that one up. That's the worst cover design I've ever seen. I did read this seminal text, though.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Limiting yourself to life-changing books and records is a good look.

Tell me, what were the last three (life-changing) books that you read?
    Let's see, I'd say Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye, Frantz Fanon's Black Skin, White Masks, and The Republic by Plato.

• dave tompkins told me a funny story about trying to transcribe some interviews with 50 that i believe were the basis for that book-- he said it was hell making out words through 50's mumble.