TOMMY STEWART 2nd LP eBay craziness $$$$$$$$ WTF?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Check the bid history--marcofunk had to have it by any means, including submitting 16 bids in the same amount.

• ah! Marcofunk!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The King of eBay end price anomalies.

• Check the bid history--marcofunk had to have it by any means, including submitting 16 bids in the same amount.

Major issues.
    I wonder how good is that record.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I wonder how good is that record raisin.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Same seller sold a copy of this 2 years ago for around $170. My how times have changed. I've asked around Miami and no one seems to know this record or the label. This and that Paul Ramon lp on Funky Latin have been high on my local want list for a few years.

• This must be a really good record.

• Same seller sold a copy of this 2 years ago for around $170. My how times have changed. I've asked around Miami and no one seems to know this record or the label. This and that Paul Ramon lp on Funky Latin have been high on my local want list for a few years.

Haven't seen it up here either [email]r@lph![/email]
    Florida has a ridiculous depth of this stuff (strange 70s albums with some funk appeal).
    How good is it.... I dunno... looks like tepid disco funk to me.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    This must be a really crappy record knowing Marcofunk.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Check the bid history--marcofunk had to have it by any means, including submitting 16 bids in the same amount.

Not the same amount...he just outbid himself 15 times!!!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    This must be a really good record.

It is.

Not tepid in the least.
    I absolutely love it.

Although the 1K is tempting, principles win in the end. Figured it was a money record given its obscurity but never would have guessed those kind of figures. Oh well, what will be the in-style next year???

Talked with the executive producer about this record two years ago. Couldn't find tommy to get his end.
    Very interesting story behind it.

The record is actually a full length by Stevo who put out a 12" and most likely a 7" version as well on T.K. The 12" has two songs taken from the album. The album is the 2nd Tommy Stewart album only in the sense that it was produced by him, has the atlanta sound, and the studio group who were on much of the Stewart productions from the period. As far as i know, it is no more a Tommy Stewart album than say The Burning of Atlanta would be a Tommy Stewart LP. The artist is actually Stevo.

Now for the good part of the story:
    To keep it short: Stevo liked to wear hot pants to the studio and supposedly had a "friend" across town who was a prostitute. He visited her after sessions and one time didn???t bring any cash because of the hot pants predicament- think ahead, folks, about wearing clothing without pockets. Sure enough, pimp walks in, pumps a couple of rounds in Stevo, and no more vocal tracks for the record which Tommy Stewart and company were cutting. As told to me by the exec. producer, stevo just didn't turn up to studio for the next day's session and it took a couple days to find him. They finally tracked him down at a hospital in atlanta in critical condition. Apparently, Stevo passed away only moments after they arrived by his side. Therefore, only half the tracks on the album have vocals and the rest are the instrumentals since Stevo passed before they could lay anything else down. To top it off, Stewart and co. never even released the thing. It got picked up by a budget / cut-out latin label and the album's executive producer has never even seen a copy.

The fun things you learn....

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

I'm worried that all of these raisins Marcofunk is sucking up will never again see the light of day. I mean, this guy seems psychotic enough to be buried with his collection.

• This must be a really good record.

It is.

Not tepid in the least.
    I absolutely love it.

Although the 1K is tempting, principles win in the end. Figured it was a money record given its obscurity but never would have guessed those kind of figures. Oh well, what will be the in-style next year???

Talked with the executive producer about this record two years ago. Couldn't find tommy to get his end.
    Very interesting story behind it.

The record is actually a full length by Stevo who put out a 12" and most likely a 7" version as well on T.K. The 12" has two songs taken from the album. The album is the 2nd Tommy Stewart album only in the sense that it was produced by him, has the atlanta sound, and the studio group who were on much of the Stewart productions from the period. As far as i know, it is no more a Tommy Stewart album than say The Burning of Atlanta would be a Tommy Stewart LP. The artist is actually Stevo.

Now for the good part of the story:
    To keep it short: Stevo liked to wear hot pants to the studio and supposedly had a "friend" across town who was a prostitute. He visited her after sessions and one time didn???t bring any cash because of the hot pants predicament- think ahead, folks, about wearing clothing without pockets. Sure enough, pimp walks in, pumps a couple of rounds in Stevo, and no more vocal tracks for the record which Tommy Stewart and company were cutting. As told to me by the exec. producer, stevo just didn't turn up to studio for the next day's session and it took a couple days to find him. They finally tracked him down at a hospital in atlanta in critical condition. Apparently, Stevo passed away only moments after they arrived by his side. Therefore, only half the tracks on the album have vocals and the rest are the instrumentals since Stevo passed before they could lay anything else down. To top it off, Stewart and co. never even released the thing. It got picked up by a budget / cut-out latin label and the album's executive producer has never even seen a copy.

The fun things you learn....
    jesus, that is wild.