Sooooo... who else is being screwed by mr.vp2005?

the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
whats up with Canada these days?its been about two months for me waiting on a record?and whats the deal with filing a claim? Am I reading right, that paypal takes 20 some dollars to get your money back?

Comments

• and whats the deal with filing a claim? Am I reading right, that paypal takes 20 some dollars to get your money back?

Hi ****!

File it dude - you're not the one that's gonna be paying when you haven't received something. You already paid the f*ckers for using their service and having buyer protection. I've failed a couple of claims and none cost me money. If the seller has the money in his account they'll send it to you, otherwise they'll try to "reclaim" it.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    YOU TOO, W*LL?!?

The only credit I can give to mr.vp is that he's been responsive and friendly returning my emails. Besides that, I'm ready to file a claim. This shit is getting ridiculous!

Still looks like people are EVENTUALLY receiving their items:

mr.vp2005 Feedback

Comparing date/time of auction end with that of feedback left.

• my two fav soulstrutters all up in my post!

yeah its fucked up, i started this post last night and i woke up late this morning and decided since i was late to work i might as well stop at the post office, and my record was there.

drew if your looking for an answer as to how to get your record start a claim with paypal, the first stage is sending an email through paypal, and i pretty much said "either send me my money or the record dude" and a couple days later the guy finally sent it

took two months but he sent it

now my next question is what kind of feedback should i give him, there will be no retribution since he already left me + feedback

• Appropriate feedback: none at all or a neutral

• I bought a cheap record from a guy in Toronto on the 1st of sept, but now he's listed as "Not A Registered User" on ebay. No negatives or anything, but that can't be good.

why not give the dude -feedback, this whole situation has brought an ungodly amount of stress into my life and has tormented me for the last two months

just wondering why you would not go all the way with a neg

drew if your looking for an answer as to how to get your record start a claim with paypal, the first stage is sending an email through paypal, and i pretty much said "either send me my money or the record dude" and a couple days later the guy finally sent it

I believe that the record was sent, so I probably won't file a claim. If dude was being non-responsive or a butthole about it, that'd be another story. Glad to hear you got your record!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

now my next question is what kind of feedback should i give him, there will be no retribution since he already left me + feedback

I'd unload on the dude. Feedback's not just about whether or not you ultimately got the record--it should also reflect the fact that it took two months and what steps you had to take to get the seller to send it at all. This is information I'd like to have if I was thinking about bidding on one of his auctions.

As far as any obligation you might have in light of him leaving you positive feedback, I don't see that you have one at all. Him leaving you positive feedback has nothing to do with him havng earned negative feedback. You did your part--submitted timely payment--and he didn't do his.

Kicking the man while he's down? It seems from the emails he's sent that he didn't realize items he was shipping were taking so long. Evidence of a rookie.

I've seen his more recent auctions where he has listed a price for airmail. I made the assumption that my $8 would cover that, since no other option was listed. Now, apparently, $15 will guarantee a more timely arrival.

Aren't both those prices high for shipping from Canada??

• I've seen his more recent auctions where he has listed a price for airmail. I made the assumption that my $8 would cover that, since no other option was listed. Now, apparently, $15 will guarantee a more timely arrival.

US shipping is really cheap. Canada is more expensive, but not 15.00 expensive. Maybe the price of the mailer, too?

• just wondering why you would not go all the way with a neg

Kicking the man while he's down? It seems from the emails he's sent that he didn't realize items he was shipping were taking so long. Evidence of a rookie.

drew the package was post marked september 8th, the guy is a liar, he says he ships the record but is really just trying to buy himself time

you package is not in the mail its sitting in his gerbil cage he calls an apartment

I just checked his feedback and I noticed that his first sale was on or about May 28th of this year. Is it just me or is 3 and half months a little too deep into the game to pull that card.

why not give the dude -feedback, this whole situation has brought an ungodly amount of stress into my life and has tormented me for the last two months

I misread your first statement - I thought you were saying that you wouldn't leave a neg because he already left you pos feedback.

I would leave a negative, personally. People like this have no business selling records on ebay.

I've seen his more recent auctions where he has listed a price for airmail. I made the assumption that my $8 would cover that, since no other option was listed. Now, apparently, $15 will guarantee a more timely arrival.

Airmail from canada doesn't cost much more than priority mail.

• Co-sign. NO EXCUSE. I`d lay that negative down, son.

• Airmail to Canada is usually cheaper than priority mail! Usually just $5 to $6 dollars for one LP in my experience.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Airmail to Canada is usually cheaper than priority mail! Usually just $5 to $6 dollars for one LP in my experience.

this is a confirmed fact

dude is lazy...for ebay that is no excuse

• iconicon 86 Posts
    Well, I made a $65.00 payment to him over a month ago, dude said he sent the record, clearly he didn't. I made a dispute, he didn't respond, and I immediately escalated to a claim. 10 days later, and today I received a credit for $42.37.

According to Payal:
    "We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $42.37 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time."

If I understand correctly, they don't just go for your Paypal account, they try and get your money back from the bank account that is attached to that Paypal account too. So apparently, dude has emptied both his Paypal and his bank account.

Good luck getting anything back.

• Emptying his bank and paypal account is beyond lame.
    It's actually fraudulent.
    Further legal actions should be initated.

• iconicon 86 Posts
    Or maybe the $42.37 is his Paypal balance and the further action they refer to is going after the bank account, I don't know.

What I'd like to know is how long they actually take to ban him. His Ebay account is still active even though he doesn't have the funds to credit an unshipped auction.

I put his contact info in the K in Canada thread if anyone wants to go as far as trying to get in touch.