dusty grooves been killin it

2»

Comments

• $37 vg- records=

• i honestly don't even stop by D.G. anymore when I'm Chicago...

• $37 vg- records=

agreed. so don't buy them. or go to the website...and, i'll check a few days a week, and when they have the same record for VG+ or NM-, I'll buy it.

Look, it isn't perfect; nor is ebay (see 9,000-squared threads for evidence of that). And, farbeit for me to invite more DGA competition, but if you see it as just another outlet that may or may not provide records, you'll be a lot happier, have one less record 'enemy,' and maybe even get some good records!

I'm not their schill...just some of these thoughts and complaints are totally silly to me.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    just some of these thoughts and complaints are totally silly to me.

• Syl Johnson "Dresses Too Short" for $160 in VG

So that's considered a good price for that record? Which pressing / label?

• Syl Johnson "Dresses Too Short" for $160 in VG

Syl Johnson "Dresses Too Short" is on Twinight 1001

2 copies popped up recently on ebay

-Aug-30-06 ... The vinyl is in VG condition with many light marks ... US $235.50
    -Sep-07-06 ... VINYL closer to NM- and plays very well with very little surface noise ... US $286.00

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Look, it isn't perfect; nor is ebay (see 9,000-squared threads for evidence of that).

Bad comparison--what it is like is continuing to buy from an eBay seller that you've consistently been burned by. Sorry, but these guys just don't know what they're doing. Sometimes you'll get what you paid for; frequently you won't.

And as for you dudes talking about how you'll be good if you just stay in the VG+ and better range, I've never bought anything from them that wasn't graded as VG+--that's the problem; their "VG+"s often look like a hockey rink.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Syl Johnson "Dresses Too Short" for $160 in VG

A longer list of ebay prices for the joint:

12/13/03 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $152.50

3/6/04 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $240.50

6/14/04 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $199.99

7/31/04 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $431

8/11/04 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $290

8/23/04 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $130

9/1/04 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $228

10/6/04 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $103

4/13/05 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $420 SEALED

11/27/05 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $365

6/29/06 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $356

8/16/06 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $311

8/30/06 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $235.50

9/7/06 Johnson, Syl ??? Dresses Too Short $286

• Look, it isn't perfect; nor is ebay (see 9,000-squared threads for evidence of that).

Bad comparison--what it is like is continuing to buy from an eBay seller that you've consistently been burned by. Sorry, but these guys just don't know what they're doing. Sometimes you'll get what you paid for; frequently you won't.

And as for you dudes talking about how you'll be good if you just stay in the VG+ and better range, I've never bought anything from them that wasn't graded as VG+--that's the problem; their "VG+"s often look like a hockey rink.

I see what you're saying, but how many ebay threads feature bitching about grading, and the ubiquitous overuse of 'VG+'. As has been said, at least DGA has a quick, esay return policy.

And, they may not know what they're doing when they price stuff, which can work to or against your advantage. If you use your knowledge to exploit their business practices, you can win in a fairly risk free (see 'ease of return policy') way, and avoid some of the hassles of ebay.