To all the Austin friends

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
My lady and I are headed down this weekend for a short weekend away from Dallas....Antique stores for her and record stores for me are already planned, so I just wanted to know if there are any good shows, dj's, etc. or interesting things going on around town this weekend.And the Friends of Sound should look for me on Saturday sometime with a paycheck to blow and a nice big bag of trades!

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Anyone?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I was just there this past weekend, the Waxploitation show was last Friday (which doesn't help much for next weekend).
    but definately stop by Friends of Sound records, I swear that place gets better each time I go in.
    There's a healthy stock of dub and reggae 45s in at the moment. Plenty of good jazz and latin stuff. Too much to see in one quick stop. Plus, they can probably give you a rundown of some shows that weekend.

• hola,

just checkin in. come by on sunday, i'm off this saturday. if you can't make it, call the store and let me know when to met you on sunday and i'll try to met you down there.

877-525-6500
    512-447-1000

there's a dope house party i'm djing saturday night, a good CD release party friday night... grupo fantasmo i think, and a party to celebrate the fania reissues i'm djing on sunday if you're still around.

dave
    F.O.S.