Record places in Quebec City, if any?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Sorry to ask, but can someone give me a location or two to check out for used vinyl. Not asking for secret spots or anything precious; highly visible and run through spots will do just fine; I have a lot of time to kill up there coming up soon. Thanks!

Comments

• This dude is a GEMM seller with retail store:

CANADA/QUEBEC'S LARGEST DEALER IN FRENCH MUSIC
    104-47 RUE SAINT-LOUIS
    1 418 694-1906

He is selling for a pretty big psyche dealer that still hasn't a computer. If that does anything for you he'lll be glad to hook you up with the guy.

It's not a big city center. You'll probably stumble upon something just seeing the place assuming you'll be seeing the place.

I always did better across the river in Levis though. Used furniture and junk shops etc. Might still be worth a look.

• It's been some years so I dug in QC, but even then it was pretty mediocre. I remember there being a couple of record stores--the yellow pages will give you their addresses--that were not very good. Then there was the big used book/record record store the name of which I can't remember. I think it was like the book colisuem or something. I pulled decent stuff from there.

The best thing to do is go to the outlying towns and hit up antique stores and thrift stores. That can be fruitful.

There's also lovely scenery outside of QC. If you have the time and the inclination, fall around Kamouraska is spectacular.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    If you have the time and the inclination, fall around Kamouraska is spectacular.

I definitely will.
    I thought this thread was gonna keep sinking. thanks, guys.