Notorious Miami

DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
whatchu know about Notorious Miami[/b]???

or not?

I've never seen this LP talked about, nor can I find it listed on allmusic.com

The album is self-titled, and came out in 1976 on Drive Records. Looks like 4 black guys and 3 white dudes, in pimped out white suits on the cover.

Not 3x dope, but a pretty funky album w/ a drum break intro on "I'll Hold The Groove" which is overall an ill track...other good tracks are "Kill That Roach", "Mr. Notorious" and "Come Dance With Me".

anybody else know who I'm talking about?? Thoughts?

nice find for $1.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    is there any difference between them and the group just "Miami" on Drive, who did "Party Freaks" featuring Robert Moore in 1974?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    the group is called Miami holmes. The album is called Notorious. And its a 20$ rackord

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the group is called Miami holmes. The album is called Notorious. And its a 20$ rackord

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    yeah, as i understand it it's the second LP by the group Miami who also recorded an LP called "Party Freaks." The LP cover does make it ambiguous though - it ain't that rare either.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Weren't there 3 LP's off Drive?

I remember having a few copies of 3 different ones. I thought I sold Notorious for $40 Canadian.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I recently made a trade for a canadian copy of the Party freaks LP from Miami but mine ain't on Drive, instead its on RCA. I'm guessing that this is cause its a Canadian press.

anyone out there know for sure?

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts

my bad...the lp cover, as well as the label on the record make it seem as if the group name is "Notorious Miami"..