I just saw Jello Biafra in a store in Tucson...

bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
like the subject says, i just saw jello biafra in twist & shout records in tucson. at first i heard his voice, and i knew it, but it didn't make any sense at first. also i haven't seen any recent pictures of him and he had short gray hair and a belly. then i thought i heard one of his friends call him "jello", and i was like ok, that's pretty much got to be him. when i got home my special lady friend told me that he is in town for a show, and then it all made sense.it was kinda crazy cause you just don't see celebrities in tucson. he was checking out some oddball records. one spoken word one with spacey instrumental behind it, and one folk record. he asked the guy at the register if he could listen to them cause he had no idea what they were. then he asked about deodato records! i thought that was kinda odd.anyways, that's my celebrity spotting for the year.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I met Danny Krivit yesterday.

His story about what made him become a DJ was & sooo

Seemed like a really top dude.

• like the subject says, i just saw jello biafra in twist & shout records in tucson. at first i heard his voice, and i knew it, but it didn't make any sense at first. also i haven't seen any recent pictures of him and he had short gray hair and a belly. then i thought i heard one of his friends call him "jello", and i was like ok, that's pretty much got to be him. when i got home my special lady friend told me that he is in town for a show, and then it all made sense.

it was kinda crazy cause you just don't see celebrities in tucson. he was checking out some oddball records. one spoken word one with spacey instrumental behind it, and one folk record. he asked the guy at the register if he could listen to them cause he had no idea what they were. then he asked about deodato records! i thought that was kinda odd.

anyways, that's my celebrity spotting for the year.

he likes to go to that airsteam park in Bisbee...I went there once and his name was in the guestbook a few times...

• jello biafra was in tucson checking out some oddball records. one spoken word one with spacey instrumental behind it, and one folk record. he asked the guy at the register if he could listen to them cause he had no idea what they were. then he asked about deodato records! i thought that was kinda odd.

biafra is a known crate-digger. he's interviewed about his record-collecting
    obsessions in Vol. 2 of Re/Search's Incredibly Strange Music books.

• anyone else notice how much John Mark Karr looks like Jello Biafra?

• I WANT HOOK UPS AVATAR AS A POSTER!!!!!

• ...thnx for makin my month

sorry no thread hijackin intended...

• does he still wear that stupid fu-man-chu mustache look?

• Guy I knew told me of taking j.e.l.l.o. to Calgary's biggest mine when he was in town for a show with a couple hours to spare and how he scooped everyone walking out with a Jarvis Street Revue "Mr.Oil Man" Lp. Insane cdn psych rarity/good luck story considering this was only 6-7 years ago. I was burning 2000 miles away.

Suppose it could have been a repop but something about JB's diging experience and the ERSP (extra-raer-sensory perception) that comes with that - walking into a warehouse and just "knowing" where to start kind of thing - tells me otherwise.

Anyone out west confirm/deny this tell?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    does he still wear that stupid fu-man-chu mustache look?

nope, he was smooth and baby-faced.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I remember reading Biafra held a garagesale to get rid of the records he didn't want anymore last year

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    saw thurston more and kim gordon 5 ft behind him in the les last week.

or :whathappendtotheemograemlin

• seen him in the attic in pittburgh too. nice guy.