How many negs you got? (Ebay related)

MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
OK, after eight years of selling on Ebay I've received my first negative feedback. It's from a dude who bought a Hank III "Straight to Hell" promo 12" picture disc from me and was upset that it didn't have the entire 2xCD of music on it(???). I suspect that, in reality, he is bummed he bid it up to $40 when you can buy-it-now elsewhere for $4.How many negs do you have and how did you feel when you got your first one?

Comments

• This is my second run on ebay (my account/email lapsed after a three year hiatus) and I just got my first negs this summer. Guy wrapped an overgraded NM 45 in newspaper, and sent it to me (in a box, to his somecredit). Anyway, I gave him negative feedback, and he responded with some of his own saying that, "I lied and didn't follow EBay regulations," and then sent me an email saying something to the effect of, "hey jerk, I hope you enjoy your first negative feedback."

Whatever. Some of these things seem bound to happen in the ebayverse.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Zero in three years. I don't give them, as a rule.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Zero in two years. I don't give them, as a rule.

• zero in five years, only have ever left one or two negatives and never received any in return.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    2 since '03 - crazy fucking foreigners.

• 1 since '03 - crazy fucking foreigners.

• anthonypearson
    Members who left a negative: 5
    All positive feedback received: 25942

anthonypearson2
    Members who left a negative: 2
    All positive feedback received: 9777

• Zero in two years. I don't give them, as a rule.

Why? This system lives by the feedback rules. No confidence, no ebay.

I received one negative feedback by a jerk who claimed he never received the records, as I'm sure it's totally false, just trying to make me refund him.
    When he left me the feedback, he then send me an email few hours after telling me he finally received the records and he was sorry...
    He probably thought I was dumb enough to finally don't send him a negative feedback!
    He's banned from ebay for a long time now.
    I think ebay should erase the negative feedback sent by this type of asshole.

• I got one negative as a buyer:

I mailed. He says never got there, He Never emailed- just gave me neg feedbk.
    Reply by ???: I left you positive feedback, you are mistaking me. I sent payment prompt.
    Follow-up by ???: I am sooooo sorry!! My Mistake!! You are awesome! A gentleman & Great ebayer!!!

It was left four years ago when I had just started my account. It was meant for somebody else but left for me by mistake.

the seller that left me negative tried to contact ebay and they told him that it would cost $30 to get it removed. Back then I didn't know much but it kinda of annoys me since I know today that you can mutually withdraw negative feedbacks. But I guess I crossed the time limit for it now.

• 1 since '01[/b] - crazy fucking foreigners.

from this guy

member hotrod213

• as a buyer for more than 2 years, i never left or received a neg feedback ... always succeed to fix the problem(s) diplomatically ...

• as a buyer since 2000 on Ebay, I've got the following neg some years ago:

"No communication or payment 60 days after the close of the auction."
    Follow-up by ******: I LEFT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IN ERROR. I OVERLOOKED A PROMPT PAYMENT. SORRY!!!"

from this guy

member hotrod213

If this is the same guy who used the name "hotrod" he's been on my banned list for at least 4 years.

1129 positives
    3 negatives
    (since 1997)

Strangely, I've left way more negatives than I've gotten.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Since 11/98

5,562 Positives
    4 Negatives

Two of the negatives were from folks who choose to use Media mail, did not insure the LP and when it arrived damaged wanted me to refund their $$$.

Simple rule of Ebay.....if you don't pay for insurance, the seller doesn't insure it for you!!

I've mailed over 10,000 LP's in 8 years of Ebay and 3 have been damaged...I'd say that's a pretty good ratio for the U.S.P.O.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    1 since '01[/b] - crazy fucking foreigners.

from this guy

member hotrod213

i'm actually amazed i didn't get a negative from that jackass.
    definitely on the "blocked bidder" list now, though.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    4 Negs since 1999, all jackasses, all unwarranted...
    Seems like about once every year and a half you
    get some fucktard who just doesn't get Ebays simple
    system or is just plain crazy.

• 4 Negs since 1999, all jackasses, all unwarranted...
    Seems like about once every year and a half you
    get some fucktard who just doesn't get Ebays simple
    system or is just plain crazy.

Exactly why I still give negative feedback: some guys just deserve it.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

2 negs since '99. One from a late package (my fault) and the other from not leaving positive feedback fast enough. One of those crazy buyers who got her record on time in the described condition, but she started sending me crazy, pissed-off emails, berating me for not leaving positive feedback within three days. She was one of those "e-mail an hour" types, where you come home in the evening to half a dozen ranting emails.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Simple rule of life.....if you don't pay for insurance, the Man doesn't insure it for you!!

I got one negative feedback from a choad who had a Paypal account, but something was wrong with it and didn't tell me at first. Had to send a money order, but it was too slow for him--popped with the negative. Course, he charged for media mail when it should've been priority.

I think his feedback vindicates me though.

from this guy

member hotrod213

i'm actually amazed i didn't get a negative from that jackass.
    definitely on the "blocked bidder" list now, though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

from not leaving positive feedback fast enough. One of those crazy buyers who got her record on time in the described condition, but she started sending me crazy, pissed-off emails, berating me for not leaving positive feedback within three days.

Yeah, I don't get these people who are all hung up on getting
    feedback - I try to always leave feedback, but usually just do
    it all at once at the end of the month or whatever. I hate when
    I get these e-mails (or PM's ) from people like "HI YOU HAVE
    NOT LEFT FEEDBACK PLEASE DO SO IMMEDIATELY" as if they won't be
    able to go out to the movies tonight until they see my "shipped fast
    as described - thanks" in their feedback file...even if eBay is "your job"
    feedback is not that important.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

2 negs since '99. One from a late package (my fault) and the other from not leaving positive feedback fast enough. One of those crazy buyers who got her record on time in the described condition, but she started sending me crazy, pissed-off emails, berating me for not leaving positive feedback within three days. She was one of those "e-mail an hour" types, where you come home in the evening to half a dozen ranting emails.

Wow. I really hope you reciprocated.

The one time I would've received negs it was from a buyer bluesnag and I had agreed to bomb as we'd purchased like 9 records between us that ended up being overgraded. snag left his 3, and when he actually received 3 negs in return I chickened out. The seller DID change his listings as a result however...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

The one time I would've received negs it was from a buyer bluesnag and I had agreed to bomb as we'd purchased like 9 records between us that ended up being overgraded. snag left his 3, and when he actually received 3 negs in return I chickened out. The seller DID change his listings as a result however...

yep, and those are my only negs. they just count as one since they were left by the same user.

he did more than just overgrade though. he called shit near mint that had cue stickers on the wax and writing all over the labels. we did contact him about that shit too, and gave him a few chances to correct that shit.

but yeah, i feel like it's worth it seeing as how he starting saying in his descriptions that the records might have cue stickers and writing...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Zero in two years. I don't give them, as a rule.

Why? This system lives by the feedback rules. No confidence, no ebay.
    I agree. I think everyone except me should do the right thing and follow eBay feedback etiquette. I'll settle for a spotless selling record and higher profits.

• he did more than just overgrade though. he called shit near mint that had cue stickers on the wax and writing all over the labels. we did contact him about that shit too, and gave him a few chances to correct that shit.

This is probably the main reason why I don't mess with eBay.
    That place scares me sometimes.

• I have 9 negatives since 1999, which is kind of a bummer.

2 were from being a young, naive, and lazy cunt, and not paying for records on time.

1 from a French modern soul dude who got his 45, and emails me telling me he's not into the song, it didnt have the "feel" he was looking for, and he wants a trade or a refund. I tell him to send the record first, he says no, and gives me negatives for 4 items he won. The feedback is pretty funny....

1 of them is from records that took too long to arrive, the woman got impatient, and gave me a negative, only to come back and comment that it was the post offices fault... yet the negative still looms.

1 was a similar situation as above, I had sent the record the day after payment, but it took 3 weeks to arrive, the guy was sending me emails that took me 3 days to respond to, I got a negative, and he came back and commented he was sorry and he got the LPs... but left the negative standing!!

1 is from Funky-Ol-Boy in Austria, who used to post on here He never got his LP, and left a negative. I PM'd him here immediately on SS to offer him his $ back or a record, he never responded, but the offer still stands if you're watching!

And 3 are from guys who were unhappy with my grading, and left negatives before attemping to resolve anything with me. I dont understand this type of passive aggressive bullshit.

I admittedly have probobly overgraded things in the past, but grading is something that can only come with experience, and I feel pretty comfortable about shit like that now .

At the end of the day, I could give a fuck less about my feedback. Nowadays my shipping game is tight, and I'm feeling alright.

Chill with the feedback black we dont need that, Its 10:00 Hoe! Where The fucks your seed at?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Well, that was the crazy part. I did eventually leave her positive feedback, but she left me the negative two monts later.

• I haven't gotten any but the holliday season is coming.

I have had plenty of opprotunities to leave negs but I say fuggut. Who gives a fuck. Just stupid shit like people not paying for dallar binners and giving sorry ass sob stories. They lost their job, their homie who used their account is in jail, etc. etc. Over $20 bucks so I'm like wadeva. If it has a high dollar item then I might get vexxed but I haven't had any troubles with top dollar sales.

I've only baught 3 things on ebay so it's all as a seller.