Drewn aPAPriation Post!!

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I don't even know if this has yet to happen but damn if it's not due yet. The hommie for Philly by way of Chi-town by way of Motown has got to be one of the coolest cats on here. Examples...

1. Look what arrive in the mail from the man himself

2. Hommie ain't scared to use a loofah

3. One of the top advocates for Curtis on this site

4. Just graduated with a masters

5. Not afraid to discuss touchy matters

6. Is a stand in for Jazzy Jeff

7. his name ends with "nice" forgodsakes

All those touched by Drewn's positive vibes (no foreplay) feel free to chime in

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Drew is THAT DUDE. PERIOD. one of the coolest dudes out there. nice as can be too

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Defender of the excellent yet unraer LP!

Gave us the thumbs up standard of excellence!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    It was always a pleasure chatting with Drew at the monthly little funk night we have out here in our town called Chicago. Definately a thumbs up dude. It's good to see a fellow Curtisologist come up in this little world.

Congrats on that masters. You should now have people refer to you as Master Drewnice.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    major co-sign. You can tell dude enjoys everything he owns whatever the condition,genre, or the rarity. Plus the man just comes across mad chill and sincere.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

2. Hommie ain't scared to use a loofah

LOL! Yeah, Drew is that dude!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    You should now have people refer to you as Master Drewnice.

I think a moderator-sanctioned hack on the username list is in order...

Drewn is peoples.
    Good peoples.
    I appreciate his sense of common.
    His sense of depth.
    His love of music.
    His focus on living that good life.
    His degree in Curtisology as well as Masters.
    His picture of gramps and seafood was the embodiment of beauty.
    Family time. Drewn time. Good times.

But damn, I was just about to send Asprin that record on some brother-from-another, so fuck Drewn!!!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    But damn, I was just about to send Asprin that record on some brother-from-another, so fuck Drewn!!!

Oh shit...I guess I can rock doubles... ... haha. It's the thought that counts E.

Also...

Wasn't it Drewn who posted something about seeing a burglar breaking into an apt. across the street from him on rainy night in Philly?

Hommie's got stories...

Plus, he's been such a good sport about the Soulstrut debacle during his class presentation

Drewn is coller than an ice cube

haha yeah i think the story goes, Drew was peepin at some fine honey dip out his window(no peeping tom) and seen a burglar tryin to get up in the apartment building and screamed some shit at 'em. classic shit right there

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    1. He's not that nice, he pissed my wife off when he gave me a Les McCann record so she broke it.

2. He bums a ride home every time I see him... and he rushes me to leave because his balls are so blue, they glow through his pants... the whole ride he???s like "I have not seen my girl in a week."

3. He only buys me one beer at the shows and it???s a sucky Yeungling instead of a Hieny.

4. He asks me about the LAFAYETTE AFRO ROCK BAND record at the show last Sunday and just because I snatched it out of his hand, he just had to buy it... he didn???t even know about the classic drums.

5. He has the balls to wet Soulman at the show about some record he was spinning. I would never do that, I always email!

6. He had the nerve to ask me about a Whole Darn Family 45... He didn???t know the name of "Seven Minutes of Funk"... can you believe that?!?!

7. Just because I call him in the last minute of every Pistons game, he gets pissed and does not want to talk to me about nothing.

8. When he came to my house, his feet were stinky.

9. My wife dropped him off at the subway and she said he tried to touch her butt.

10. He's a good dude though, I like him...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Also...

Wasn't it Drewn who posted something about seeing a burglar breaking into an apt. across the street from him on rainy night in Philly?

That was a classic--I believe he scared the would-be burglar off with a loud "Yeep!"

Seriously, one of the nicest people on here.

haha yeah i think the story goes, Drew was peepin at some fine honey dip out his window(no peeping tom) and seen a burglar tryin to get up in the apartment building and screamed some shit at 'em. classic shit right there

Wasn't his leg broken as well? or am I thinking of that Hitchcock flick?

1. He's not that nice, he pissed my wife off when he gave me a Les McCann record so she broke it.

2. He bums a ride home every time I see him... and he rushes me to leave because his balls are so blue, they glow through his pants... the whole ride he???s like "I have not seen my girl in a week."

3. He only buys me one beer at the shows and it???s a sucky Yeungling instead of a Hieny.

4. He asks me about the LAFAYETTE AFRO ROCK BAND record at the show last Sunday and just because I snatched it out of his hand, he just had to buy it... he didn???t even know about the classic drums.

5. He has the balls to wet Soulman at the show about some record he was spinning. I would never do that, I always email!

6. He had the nerve to ask me about a Whole Darn Family 45... He didn???t know the name of "Seven Minutes of Funk"... can you believe that?!?!

7. Just because I call him in the last minute of every Pistons game, he gets pissed and does not want to talk to me about nothing.

9. My wife dropped him off at the subway and she said he tried to touch her butt.

CLAS-SIC

Damn Ray, that was too much ...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Cosign all of the positive things said about the dude so far; Drewn is definitely a highly-rated () strutter.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

ps... per drews PM, I AM ONLY JOKING KID!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Cosign all of the positive things said about the dude so far; Drewn is definitely a highly-rated () strutter.

Drew sent me BIG LATINA ASS! links once.

Anybody who does that:

A) Is forever a good dude in my book.

B) Really knows me.

Hooray for Drewn!!!

Herm

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Props. One of my fave strutters. Dude has good taste and seems really genuine. Go Pistons!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    He is very cool. i also appreciate the way he throws in 10 raers in one small picture. that is gangsta.

Drew sent me BIG LATINA ASS! links once.

Anybody who does that:

A) Is forever a good dude in my book.

B) Really knows me.

Hooray for Drewn!!!

Herm

You got a PM, holmes.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Um, what else can I say that hasn't been said already? Drewn is the dude because he posted a picture of himself with socks and house slippers (that was you, right?).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

I gotta say "What's up, D-Nice?". D**w's like one of those "best all-around" type cats, because he comes with the record knowledge, good wit, and goodwill toward fellow 'Strutters. I've got mad love for the brutha, so I hope the rest of ya'll give him his props!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Drew is one of the most level and positive dudes on this site... he's made an effort to listen to wHITEY ON THE MOOn and give feedback as well as call in.
    without going on & on lemme justvmake it clear

DREW is that dude![/b]

congrats on your new job...the world is yours

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i love drew. his moms aint bad either.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    word
    duke took me to a few spots in philly to dig
    cool cat... and it was mad cold
    ill get ya back man

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    its a pleasure to hang out with that guy..someone i appreciate more every time i see him. (wish i could say the same about that sketchy raystar character)

i got my fingers crossed that youre staying in philly, brethren.
    hollaata hommie

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I'm not sure whether it's his dreamy smile or all the heat he pulls while out in the trenches, but somehow Michigan is noticeably warmer when Drew's in town.

Plus, dude is quick to do a hommie a favor, but doesn't trip when certain slackers take a month to send out records they owe him.

I will, however, offer this caveat: Don't catch Mr. "Nice" on the wrong side of a game of NBA live. You're just going to have to trust me on this one.

Don't catch Mr. "Nice" on the wrong side of a game of NBA live.

Nice he is not

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

Plus, dude is quick to do a hommie a favor,

true, he hooked me with a Ramsey Lewis i needed (which i of course saw in my local spot 2 weeks later for $4)

but the moral is, Drew's mad cool. i usually stay out of these typa threads, but PROPS IS DUE!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

PROPS from another Drew on the board. Thanks for keepin' it record related.