"Hip-Hop Sucks Because Of You"

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
my man Robbie fuggin' kills it with this interview with Kool Kim about the infamous KRS-One/Prince B stage toss:http://www.unkut.com/2006/08/krs-one-hip-hop-sucks-because-of-you/

Comments

• This thread title sums up at least 65% of all Soulstrut topics.

• wow, that's a good-ass story.

• The only thing this proves is that KRS-One is fucking nuts.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The only thing this proves reaffirms for the 2,000th time is that KRS-One is fucking nuts.

• We need to get KRS on the Strut. His crazy ass would start mad beef. Who would he call out first?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    If posted more!

Maybe tho... The dude that called out Faux was really The Blastmaster KRS.

• Do we learn anything new from this story at all (except that one of the UMCs doesn't like KRS very much)? I don't get the point.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Kool Kim...Blue Cheese...fuck outta here....so until KRS did what he did hip hop was non violent...no fights?? shootings??? etc etc I mean Kool Kim from UMC's popping shit??

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Do we learn anything new from this story at all (except that one of the UMCs doesn't like KRS very much)? I don't get the point.

We learned that KRS bopped Prince Be on the head with the mic before tossing his ass from the stage. That shit had me rolling.

• I went to a show at the Ritz in 1991, so I'm fairly sure before the KRS-PM Dawn incident where the UMCs opened for KRS (though the dates don't really matter). Now, I loved the UMCs album, and they did their thing on stage, but as soon as KRS got on, he made some clowning comments about them, nothing too long, but definitely directed their way. KRS proceeded to murder any show I had ever seen in my life. It still ranks as one of the greatest shows I've ever been to.

I don't know if there's some lingering anger there, or if they even heard the dis, but it sounds like Kook Kim's mad about something other than just the PM Dawn incident.

KRS is a hypocrite, and seems nuts, but he is a hip hop legend and helped make hip hop relevant in it's formative years.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was glad KRS did that shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dope story.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Plus for me, I used to dance to House music back when that was hot at the Sound Factory years before so it was a real homecoming.

• Plus for me, I used to dance to House music back when that was hot at the Sound Factory years before so it was a real homecoming.

A lot of hip hop / thug type dudes used to go to the House clubs back in that era... that was where the DOPEST females would be at.

A lot of my homies were into that schitt. Me personally I couldn't fuck with it, females or no females.

• Kool Kim...Blue Cheese...fuck outta here....so until KRS did what he did hip hop was non violent...no fights?? shootings??? etc etc I mean Kool Kim from UMC's popping shit??
    never never land was the shit! fruits of nature was a good album..the 2nd lp was not...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Plus for me, I used to dance to House music back when that was hot at the Sound Factory years before so it was a real homecoming.

I wonder if dude used to go to Sound Factory on Saturdays?

Speaking of, I did this show in Montreal recently and shared a plane with Jr. Vasquez AND Liza Minelli. True story.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

A lot of hip hop / thug type dudes used to go to the House clubs back in that era... that was where the DOPEST females would be at.

In TX back then, it was also...where else am I gonna sell all of these hits?

• Do we learn anything new from this story at all (except that one of the UMCs doesn't like KRS very much)? I don't get the point.

We learned that the KRS-imposed Prince Be stage dive was the thud heard round the world, and ultimately, the deciding thud that would postmark hip hops cataclysmic descent into the murky depths it has fallen into today.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    my man Robbie fuggin' kills it with this interview with Kool Kim about the infamous KRS-One/Prince B stage toss:

http://www.unkut.com/2006/08/krs-one-hip-hop-sucks-because-of-you/

"Word!" count: 7

• I went to a show at the Ritz in 1991, so I'm fairly sure before the KRS-PM Dawn incident where the UMCs opened for KRS (though the dates don't really matter).

I was there ! That show also had Das EFX and the Fu-Schickens

I agree Kris destroyed the stage- but I was dissapointed with the comment. Because I still think that the "Fruits of nature" record was amazing!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    my man Robbie fuggin' kills it with this interview with Kool Kim about the infamous KRS-One/Prince B stage toss:

http://www.unkut.com/2006/08/krs-one-hip-hop-sucks-because-of-you/

"Word!" count: 7

"Then right after that, as if on cue (real fucking coincidence) the DJ scratched the PM Dawn record (and you could hear the SCCCCCCRRRREEEEEEEEEE) and next thing you know you hear that unforgettable intro to ???The Bridge Is Over???. That came on and the crowd went bazerk!!!! It was pure pandamonium. He start hitting that ???Bridge??? chorus but he was hitting with ???the Dawn is over the Dawn is over???. Honestly it was amazing, I can???t front. Right there at that moment he had orchestrated the most hardcore illest MC dream of snatching an MC off his set and ripping the crowd."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    NEXT WEEK??? ??? ???I showed you your First Tech on tour with Large Professor..?????? hmmm Wasn???t I on that tour???

This will be interesting.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    NEXT WEEK??? ??? ???I showed you your First Tech on tour with Large Professor..?????? hmmm Wasn???t I on that tour???

This will be interesting.

Seriously...for the first time since that first UMCs album, Kool Kim is

• if you guy read the comments section you'll see kim didn't mean it to be hating on krs. It's kind of the way his column is going to be.

anyways... Next column should be interesting cause large pro confirmed it was true. I'd like to hear what kim says.

but yeah krs is nuts. And he's been jerking producers lately.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    A Tribute to Ignorance (Remix) is still

Kenny Parker has now weighed in...
    easily locking down the top spot as my fav blog right now.

http://www.unkut.com/

• Honestly it was amazing, I can???t front. Right there at that moment he had orchestrated the most hardcore illest MC dream of snatching an MC off his set and ripping the crowd."

I was at this show (I still have the flyer!) and for a time was a source of inner struggle for me as KRS was & is my fave emcee of all time and I managed Prince Be post-beatdown.

Also - Be claims he wasn't hit. The Mic-slap was inadvertent.