2006 MTV Video Music Awards

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
High Point:[/b]The Hype Williams DedicationLow Point:[/b]Not cute...or funny.Who else watched?What did you think?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    watching it right now, PST... caught the tail end of the preshow

high points:

- Timberlake's dancing to the extended instrumental of my love..hearing that beat loud must be AMAZING

- suchin's nose job (less nostril, rad)

- diddy not talking, letting his "southern" spokesperson talk along with the tall femme looking white dood with the shaker, glasses, and silver serving tray

low points:

- Timberlake's pitch, urgh
    - fergie
    - my chemical losers

TIMBALAND IN A SUIT

• this shit is fucking horrible... my wife is making me endure the entire thing... it's the first night of college football AND the panthers last preseason game... i told her she could watch that shit later, but i was watching football, and i thought she was going to cry... a fucking grown ass woman crying because she wasn't going to get to watch the MTV awards live... i lost

we need another TV

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    it just started here but alls I can say is JT's falsetto is so

this shit is fucking horrible... my wife is making me endure the entire thing... it's the first night of college football AND the panthers last preseason game... i told her she could watch that shit later, but i was watching football, and i thought she was going to cry... a fucking grown ass woman crying because she wasn't going to get to watch the MTV awards live... i lost

we need another TV

IN THE YEAR 2006 IT IS KNOWN YOU CAN
    PRESS RECORD ON:

A VHS VCR
    TIVO
    DVR
    DV-HDD
    COMPUTER
    BETA

• Haven't watched one of these in years. I always remember that the edited version they'd repeat was always a better more coherent show. Hardly worth watching the live version unless you wanted to see egos and bloopers like the year the Rage dude climb one of the fixtures.

it just started here but alls I can say is JT's falsetto is so

SAYONG
    JACK BLACK HAS BETTER PITCH THAN JT

• IN THE YEAR 2006 IT IS KNOWN YOU CAN
    PRESS THE CAPS LOCK KEY A SECOND TIME

i like how Jack Black is wearing the costume equivalent of the cover of "Iaosos"

lol

IN THE YEAR 2006 IT IS KNOWN YOU CAN
    PRESS THE CAPS LOCK KEY A SECOND TIME

PHO REALLZY?

WOW ZHEEZY

LOU REED, WHEEEZ

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    what song was playing when snoop walked up to the stage? sorry if i'm late on this one?

• DVR

got one

that's the bad part... i tried "we can watch it later, and fast forward through the commercials and parts we don't care about", but it was no use... "I ALWAYS WATCH IT LIVE" lol... we've been together 6 years and i don't remember her ever watching it before... she just wanted to see JT and/or T.I., oh well, she just bought herself a LONG football season

DVR

got one

that's the bad part... i tried "we can watch it later, and fast forward through the commercials and parts we don't care about", but it was no use... "I ALWAYS WATCH IT LIVE" lol... we've been together 6 years and i don't remember her ever watching it before... she just wanted to see JT and/or T.I., oh well, she just bought herself a LONG football season

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    OH SHIT, HOMEBOY HOPPED UP ON STAGE AND GRABBED THE MIC!!![/b]

• OH SHIT, HOMEBOY HOPPED UP ON STAGE AND GRABBED THE MIC!!!

who was that?... now i'm kind of glad i watched it live!... thanks wife!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    OH SHIT, HOMEBOY HOPPED UP ON STAGE AND GRABBED THE MIC!!![/b]

THE SITE WONT LOAD!

HOW DID THE BEP WIN THE HIP HOP VIDEO OF THE YEAR?

AT LEAST MONTY AND NOW JC DAVIS GET PAID OFF THESE FOLLS

• i like how Jack Black is wearing the costume equivalent of the cover of "Iaosos"

lol

Oh shit, is that where it came from? I figured it had to be something.

There was an album on Boner in the early 90's by a great Canadian band called Superconductor. It was a great double LP based on rock operas. Apparently, the band went so far as to borrow the cover too:

BTW - I haven't watched the VMA in years. No need to watch it anymore.

- DJ Drama's face after Shakira's performance, lol. Foll was looking not impressed sitting next to Xtina no less

- Nigo in da house, Pharrell wearing the 2 trillion dollar lego-milo-bape-o multic0lor chain, lol

who's that cute girl in the School for Scoundrels preview? lol

sara silverman? bad choice

got bored, they were showing the chicken noodle soup video on mtv jams
    AG in the vid? rad

ok go, slightly amusing

• this shit is fucking horrible... my wife is making me endure the entire thing... it's the first night of college football AND the panthers last preseason game... i told her she could watch that shit later, but i was watching football, and i thought she was going to cry... a fucking grown ass woman crying because she wasn't going to get to watch the MTV awards live... i lost

we need another TV

shit's tragical.

makes me wanna have a heatrock auction for you so you can but a 2nd TV and don't have to endure these whippings in the future.

• - DJ Drama's face after Shakira's performance, lol. Foll was looking not impressed sitting next to Xtina no less

- Nigo in da house, Pharrell wearing the 2 trillion dollar lego-milo-bape-o multic0lor chain, lol

how did Xtina look damn I love that gurl.

she's looking good

slim thug sitting near one of the entrances, lol

Chamillionaire won for Rap video....hmm

At least Young Joc didn't win

lol Chamillionaire dissed 20/20 cancelling a segment on him for a story about racial profiling

• 20/20 was about to do a show on Chamillionaire?!?!

carpetbaggeurs.

nah they were just gonna interview him about racial profiling for a segment they were going to do or something
    lol

looks like the disney/abc vs viacom wars will rage on for another decade

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I chose to watch the Seahawks kick the Raiders ass instead.