return of the heatrocks?

girgir 329 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
it was mentioned in another thread, but will it happen?someone sell their boscoe to benefit NOperhaps even a second volume of break in the road or a similarly minded idea is in order.thoughts?

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    thoughts?

Someone wants Boscoe.

Badly.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I more than want to, however I'd be the first to admit I suck at managing finances. I'd be more than down to drop a few valuable LP's and buy a few too though.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DO IT.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'd also like it if we found a group to match our contributions. Last time we were lucky enough to have DSF and the ford Foundation match us 3:1. Even if we just got a 2: match it would mean a whole lot.

Anybody brave enough to take the helm of this?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm now in the process of trying to think of some sort of fundraiser over here. My best friend found out he got cancer. It's been a pretty fucked up thing. I haven't been sleeping well since. Dude throughout it all is totally upbeat. It's amazing to see someone act that brave.

Since the summer is almost done, it might have to wait til spring to do some sort of tournament or something as a fundraiser.

Anyone been through this kinda thing before? Or have any idea's on something that works?
    Dude's got a huge family & friends, so there will be a ton of support. Just wanna make it good for the guy.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Or have any idea's on something that works?

Ever hear of a "Calcutta"?

• it was mentioned in another thread, but will it happen?

someone sell their boscoe to benefit NO

It's a possibility....

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Or have any idea's on something that works?

Ever hear of a "Calcutta"?

Besides the city, no.

• girgir 329 Posts
    I'd also like it if we found a group to match our contributions. Last time we were lucky enough to have DSF and the ford Foundation match us 3:1. Even if we just got a 2: match it would mean a whole lot.

i'm down to assist whoever takes this on, but lack the money handling skills to do it alone.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DO IT.

• girgir 329 Posts
    DO IT.

bump bump

• girgir 329 Posts
    would it be possible to find the old threads from last year's heatrock or did those get lost in the board crash?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    would it be possible to find the old threads from last year's heatrock or did those get lost in the board crash?

I think Raj only recently closed the Heatrock forum.

• girgir 329 Posts

if no one else will step up, i'll take it on. it needs to happen. will change hands, will be "discovered" and 's will get to rock some santa clause style spending endlessly.

let's make heatrock2k6 like no other

?

ps. link of companies doing matching funds: here

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sorry.. got your PM. Inundated with newborn-itis.

It's going to be really hard to replicate the degree of human outcry that came from the original Katrina Heatrock auctions.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    It's going to be really hard to replicate the degree of human outcry that came from the original Katrina Heatrock auctions.

It's also going to be really hard to build a web application to manage everything. I spec'd it out a while back when folks wanted to get it started again and realized it was a massive project and I didn't have the time to build it.

The manual process that Bam and Aspirin managed last time around was extremely[/b] time consuming.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

The manual process that Bam and Aspirin managed last time around was extremely[/b] time consuming.

Not to mention all the legal implications and potential PayPal rigamarole.

• girgir 329 Posts

Not to mention all the legal implications and potential PayPal rigamarole.

i'm down to endure it all if it means helping out those in need but would need someone else (or two) to help out.

any takers?