Thank you Jimmy Carter

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Chavez: Venezuela, Syria United vs. U.S.Aug 30 2:56 PM US/Eastern By ALBERT AJIAssociated Press WriterDAMASCUS, SyriaVenezuelan President Hugo Chavez said in Damascus on Wednesday that he and Syrian President Bashar Assad shared a "decisive and firm" stance against U.S. "imperialism" and "domination." I think even the UN inspectors walked out on the Venezuelan election.

Comments

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Jimmy Carter, America's douchiest president. Carter was an observer of said Venezuelan elections. He said Chavez had won a referendum vote before the Organization of American States had finished hearing complaints from his opposition and had reached a firm conclusion. He is going to meet with former Iranian president, Mohamed Khatami. World's most useful idiot. If Stalin could be resurrected with stem cells holograms and remaining bone fragments, Carter would be one of the first people to meet with him; probably to apologize for America's decision to "divide" Berlin after WW2.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

These dudes look like they're wearing lipstick.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude needs to have his passport revoked. he should stick to building homes for poor folks. carter center is a joke. he needs to stop traveling abroad providing comfort and cover to hatters like Chavez and Mahmoud. worst former president EVAR.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Carter is at the Columbus Civic Center right now.
    He's celebrating the 2006 Little League World Series champs.
    I just saw that on tv and immediately thought about this thread.

• I've always loved Carter. Chavez is cool in my book, too. what? You guys love American Imperialism? Oh I get it. You want to and/or work for the man and want a real taste of America's testicle and all the glorious semon that comes with it. You're lubing up your mouths with this drivel, waiting for America's cock to be roughly inserted. Mikey Mouse's cock will be in your ass, not that there's anything wrong with that.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Jimmy Carter? He's history's greatest monster!"

• Chavez is cool in our book, too.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I learned the hard way never to bring up Jimmy Carter in front of a Persian family that supported the Shah.

That date sucked

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Mikey Mouse's cock will be in your ass, not that there's anything wrong with that.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    last HONEST President
    Never Again

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    while in office, he meant well but didnt know wtf he was doing. im assuming thats still the case.

• last HONEST President

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Honest? Maybe...

But, come on. You don't think many of the problems in regions like the middle east or korea are a direct result of some of his decisions & actions?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    honest except that he knew his brother was pedaling influnce all over the middleeast and denied it. repeatedly.

And we all know that all the problems in the world are the fault of Chimpy McHaliburton and the jewish cabal of neocons that pull his strings.

• Honest? Maybe...

But, come on. You don't think many of the problems in regions like the middle east or korea are a direct result of some of his decisions & actions?

Errrmmmmmm....NO.

• Honest? Maybe...

Errrmmmmmm....NO.

Errrmmmmmm....YES.

• Honest? Maybe...

Errrmmmmmm....NO.

Errrmmmmmm....YES.

Errrmmmmm...right wing weasels go home.

It's not about being a right wing weasel. It's about looking back at history and realizing the mistakes made. And I'm sorry to say this, but Jimmy made a few big ones. Not that all presidents haven't made them. Just that Prez Carter was nowhere near a great president. Him and the current one are right around the bottom IMO.

• Errrmmmmm...right wing weasels go home.

So quick to resort to the name-calling technique.

It's not about being a right wing weasel. It's about looking back at history and realizing the mistakes made. And I'm sorry to say this, but Jimmy made a few big ones. Not that all presidents haven't made them. Just that Prez Carter was nowhere near a great president. Him and the current one are right around the bottom IMO.

I think ranking Carter with Bush the Lesser is a rank piece of revisionist history, perpetuated by the right in this country because prattling on about Carter allows them to avoid addressing the damage done by Reagan, Bush the Elder and the current charlatan in the White House, as we march ever closer to a worldwide holy war.
    Modern "conservatism" is basically a mental illness, especially pronounced when present in those under the age of 75.
    Wasting one's breath attacking an honest man of peace like Carter is disgraceful.

• Honest? Maybe...

Errrmmmmmm....NO.

Errrmmmmmm....YES.

Yes, shame on me...

• Honest? Maybe...

Errrmmmmmm....NO.

Errrmmmmmm....YES.

Yes, shame on me...

WWJCD?

I think ranking Carter with Bush the Lesser is a rank piece of revisionist history, perpetuated by the right in this country because prattling on about Carter allows them to avoid addressing the damage done by Reagan, Bush the Elder and the current charlatan in the White House, as we march ever closer to a worldwide holy war.
    Modern "conservatism" is basically a mental illness, especially pronounced when present in those under the age of 75.
    Wasting one's breath attacking an honest man of peace like Carter is disgraceful.

I totally know your thoughts on the right. But the fact that you aren't even open to a debate on Jimmy's failures, shows that your hatred for the right will always out do your criticism of any party you follow.

Just answer me truthfully.

Did Jimmy Carter's "negotiations" in Korea work in any way, shape or form? Did paying them off with hundreds of millions in tax payers money have them keep to the agreement? What do you supose is the number of people that died from deliberate starvation at the hands of a dictator, to which Carter did nothing to stop (Does Clinton share blame?)

I'm not even gonna get into other place around the world (Middle East, Hati, etc). I'm not going to debate with you about Bush, cause your right. He's a shitty pres.

But come on... Of all the pretty great Democratic Presidents, you would put Jimmy Carter in there???

I totally know your thoughts on the right. But the fact that you aren't even open to a debate on Jimmy's failures, shows that your hatred for the right will always out do your criticism of any party you follow.

Did Jimmy Carter's "negotiations" in Korea work in any way, shape or form? Did paying them off with hundreds of millions in tax payers money have them keep to the agreement? What do you supose is the number of people that died from deliberate starvation at the hands of a dictator, to which Carter did nothing to stop?

I'm not even gonna get into other place around the world (Middle East, Hati, etc). I'm not going to debate with you about Bush, cause your right. He's a shitty pres.

But come on... Of all the pretty great Democratic Presidents, you would put Jimmy Carter in there???

I don't deny that Carter made some mistakes (strangely enough neither does he), but to concentrate on his failed negotiations with Korea (he wasn't the first to fail and surely not the last) and appeasement of dictators, and to suggest that this isn't something that virtually EVERY American president in the last 100 years is in some way guilty of is at best disingenuous.
    The USA has made a cottage industry of propping up fascists and murderers when it serves our interests. It's not like Bush was suddenly struck down on the road to Damascus and decided that he was going to atone for our collective criminal past by deposing the evil Saddam. He and his gang have implemented reckless and dishonest policies that continue to result in the deaths of servicepeople and civilians, while they are continually outmaneuvered by packs of religiously zealous guerillas.
    The bottom line is we are now up to our necks in a war we started and show no ability or inclination to finish, in any way. If we want this to stop, making hay at Jimmy Carter's expense while sounding like a pack of anti-"One world" types from 50 years ago is surely not the way to achieve that goal.
    This whole clusterfuck is haunted by the ghosts of the past, from those we choose to ignore to we choose to emulate, all the while doing nothing in the present other than continuing to fuck up the world while striking terror into the hearts of our own citizens.
    The bottom line is not that I'm unwilling to discuss Carter's failures, but that said "failures" have little relevance to our current problems and the discussion thereof is startlingly inappropriate.

• doublethink is:

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. ... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies???all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.

• doublethink is:

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. ... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies???all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.

Quite a revealing bit of self-analysis there. You've taken a bold first step. Now on to the other 11 steps....

• I think ranking Carter with Bush the Lesser is a rank piece of revisionist history, perpetuated by the right in this country because prattling on about Carter allows them to avoid addressing the damage done by Reagan, Bush the Elder and the current charlatan in the White House, as we march ever closer to a worldwide holy war.

dude, youre dumb as a brick. If the right(im assuming their collective will is exercised through he who goes by the human name karl rove) were trying to denigrate carter to distract from the current 'charlatan in the white house' bush why would they attempt to rank the two of them alongside each other?

the notion that anyone would attempt to utilise a contemporary irrelevance like carter for political expediency is fatuous enough in itself but to lose your own chain of reasoning within the course of a sentence is what really puts the cherry on that particular douche cake.

Did Jimmy Carter's "negotiations" in Korea work in any way, shape or form? Did paying them off with hundreds of millions in tax payers money have them keep to the agreement? What do you supose is the number of people that died from deliberate starvation at the hands of a dictator, to which Carter did nothing to stop?

I don't deny that Carter made some mistakes (strangely enough neither does he), but to concentrate on his failed negotiations with Korea (he wasn't the first to fail and surely not the last) and appeasement of dictators, and to suggest that this isn't something that virtually EVERY American president in the last 100 years is in some way guilty of is at best disingenuous.
    The USA has made a cottage industry of propping up fascists and murderers when it serves our interests. It's not like Bush was suddenly struck down on the road to Damascus and decided that he was going to atone for our collective criminal past by deposing the evil Saddam. He and his gang have implemented reckless and dishonest policies that continue to result in the deaths of servicepeople and civilians, while they are continually outmaneuvered by packs of religiously zealous guerillas.
    The bottom line is we are now up to our necks in a war we started and show no ability or inclination to finish, in any way. If we want this to stop, making hay at Jimmy Carter's expense while sounding like a pack of anti-"One world" types from 50 years ago is surely not the way to achieve that goal.
    This whole clusterfuck is haunted by the ghosts of the past, from those we choose to ignore to we choose to emulate, all the while doing nothing in the present other than continuing to fuck up the world while striking terror into the hearts of our own citizens.
    The bottom line is not that I'm unwilling to discuss Carter's failures, but that said "failures" have little relevance to our current problems and the discussion thereof is startlingly inappropriate.

OK.. To some of what you said, I agree. But I think it's a bit foolish to not hold his actions to wonder why the world is where it is, right now. Republican can't hold absolute honours, to why things are the way they are right now. History shows that. Same will be said for Bush.

I'm just saying, if people are going to hold Jimmy Carter as an example of a great president, the Democrats are going to continue to lose elections.

Don't get me wrong tho. He seems like a good guy.

• I think ranking Carter with Bush the Lesser is a rank piece of revisionist history, perpetuated by the right in this country because prattling on about Carter allows them to avoid addressing the damage done by Reagan, Bush the Elder and the current charlatan in the White House, as we march ever closer to a worldwide holy war.

dude, youre dumb as a brick. If the right(im assuming their collective will is exercised through he who goes by the human name karl rove) were trying to denigrate carter to distract from the current 'charlatan in the white house' bush why would they attempt to rank the two of them alongside each other?

the notion that anyone would attempt to utilise a contemporary irrelevance like carter for political expediency is fatuous enough in itself but to lose your own chain of reasoning within the course of a sentence is what really puts the cherry on that particular douche cake.

You are uniquely qualified to speak on "contemporary irrelevance" "douche cake"...

BAN/UNMASK

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    puts the cherry on that particular douche cake.

DOUCHE CAKE!!!!! ILL TAKE TWO SLICES

YUMMY!

(i am hereby notifying you that i will be adding douche cake to my vocab. thank you).