Hardware 'verb - What's good?

bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I've got myself fairly sorted in terms of fx units/pedals that I really like. The one peice of the puzzle still missing is a nice reverb unit. I have to admit I have little to no knowledge of whats the realness.Most of what I would use it for is long spacey verb, so something lush would be good.Any help oh wealth of knowledge strut?

Comments

• Lexicon make really good digital reverbs...the PCM-90 is a classic.

unless you want analog...then go with some type of spring reverb or something like a Roland Space-Echo with a spring reverb built in...can't go wrong with that...if it's good enough for lee scratch perry...

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Lexicon all the way. i think their budget rack mount is around 300, but sounds incredible. Anything more than tha (like space modeling features) costs:

well, you get the idea

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I still love the Demeter Real Reverb (RV-1?) It's a 2 channel spring verb that really hi-fi sounding. A little on the pricy side for more or less a one-trick pony, but pretty solidly constructed and should last a long time. If I needed a cool verb and had the cash, I would cop it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I've got myself fairly sorted in terms of fx units/pedals that I really like. The one peice of the puzzle still missing is a nice reverb unit. I have to admit I have little to no knowledge of whats the realness.

Most of what I would use it for is long spacey verb, so something lush would be good.

Any help oh wealth of knowledge strut?

bobby, check your PM and e-mail me dun!

peace.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i use* this. its a beast.

little on the side of the price range though.

*its not mine, but it lives at my studio pretty much permanently.

• an eventide harmonizer does a lot more than reverb!