Shipping Records with FedEx

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Does anybody have any experience using FedEx to ship a box of records? I need to get two or three 50lbs 13*13*13 boxes half way across Canada and FedEx seems like a reasonable option. Do you think the box covered in bubblewrap will give enough protection? I'm not sure I trust cardboard alone.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I've shipped records through them and have had a number of people mail them to me that way. I had a recent shipment from Kingston, Jamaica that arrived safely, even though there wasn't any bubblewrap in the package (one of the packing products inside was an old oatmeal box placed inbetween a block of 45's).

I've never had a problem with FedEx. As long as it's packed well, it should make its destination safely.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Well that's good to hear. They really seem to be the most inexpensive way of shipping several boxes.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I've heard that UPS and Fedex require 2 inches of padding on all sides or they won't honor insurance claims for damage. Worth keeping in mind if you're shipping some valuable records.