stark reality reissue

gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
OK...I just got my third warped copy in the mail from dustygroove after returing the other two because the albums were warped. I even asked them to crack the seal and check before sending. WTF! Are all these reissues fucked up or did dustygroove leave there shipment out to bake in the sun?

Comments

• montymonty 420 Posts
    sorry

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Could be happening during transit. I'm sure with the hot weather it sometimes gets shipped in not so ideal temperatures.

• I doubt it. I have been getting records in the mail all summer long and haven't had any warpage problems. In fact, a replacement mail carrier left an LP on top of my mailbox to bake in the sun all afternoon a couple weeks ago and even that one was perfectly flat. It must be a bad batch or something. If anyone knows another place selling it and has gotten one that isn't waped let me know.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    other stores

check your PMs, gruntgravel

• I would just blame it on new vinyl quality.

I swear about 1/2 the new records I get are warped.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    thin vinyl + hot + tight shrink - old dudes at pressing plants = warped reissues

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I got a couple Dusty Groove gift certificates from people
    a few years back, and I think 4 of the 9 or 10 reissues
    I ordered from them arrived unplayably warped.

• I would just blame it on new vinyl quality.

I swear about 1/2 the new records I get are warped.

I have a couple reissue of stuff pressed overseas that is quality. They seem to still be using the correct formula for there vinyl. I absolutley hate a warped record spinning on my turntable and watching the tone arm bob up and down.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I have a couple reissue of stuff pressed overseas that is quality. They seem to still be using the correct formula for there vinyl. I absolutley hate a warped record spinning on my turntable and watching the tone arm bob up and down.

Overseas vinyl is rarely shrinkwrapped though, correct?
    Shrinkwrap strength ain't no joke.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    In my experience most of the Scorpio stuff ends up warped... I always assumed it happened during shipment but thin wax and REALLY tight shrink surely contribute...

Stones Throw pressings are quality though, this is kinda surprising.