What to do in Amsterdam

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Yo yo...It's been a long time since I've posted on here. Just been laying low, handling some grown up ish. Everything is good just been grindin as of late... I'm going to Amsterdam in a couple weeks and have never been. Wanted to ask if anybody would recommend what to check out, where to eat, shop, etc. I'm going for work and will be there for a week but will have some free time as well...Here's a few things I'm doing thus far:Heineken Brewery, need I say more...Van Gogh Museum, ya I dig his style.And I also just saw an e-flyer for Kon & Amir who will be spinnin out there - DAMN!Also, any strutters in Amsterdam - feel free to hit me up...[email]deejaycire@yahoo.com[/email]Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Smoke weed, drink Dutch beer and eat those really good french fries.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    "I wanna fuck, drink beer and smoke some shit!"

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Take a canal boat trip

Smoke and drink

Bang a female hooker

in that order.

Paulus Potterstraat. I love that street name. I think there's a decent art museum on there as well.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Besides all the weed and beer and live sex show shit make yourself feel a little less like a dirtball and go to the rijksmuseum. They have an increadable collection of art. You can seriously get lost in there all day.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    get quality hash and put it in all your smoke. Stay away from the bulldog coffeehouse.

Grey Area and Greenhouse where my two faves. Get the fish on a stick too.

• Rent a bike and go out towards the parks near the Rijksmuseum(sp?).
    There are a few really good jazz spots in Amsterdam although I can't remember their names.
    Eat some french fries with mayonaise or curry ketchup.
    There's a pretty cool swap meet somewhere around there. Check a guide book.
    If you've got the time and want to leave Adam, jump on a train for Bruges, Belgium. Great beer.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Bang a female hooker

make sure it is a female, be sure to not get in touch with those Asian girls/whatever they are though...but be sure to visit the redlight district and have a walk. In case you really wanna fuck, do so early in the morning and not during rush hours around 11 in the evening. You don't wanna be seen next to drunk Englishmen comin out of the hookers place with their panties still down shouting...

go to FAT BEATS and buy expensive vinyl...go to the "pata" store and buy even more expensive kicks. coffeshopwise the green house next to waterlooplein has been a good place for years...and cosign on the bulldog thing, evil, evil....

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    With all the weed and beer and live sex show shit...

You can seriously get lost in there all day.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Word, bulldog coffee shop is BULLSHIT.

Get some Golden Palm hash somewhere. Shit will get you feelin' LIVE.

And bang some h to the izzo's

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Well, the smokin and drinkin is a given... C'mon, I'll be in AMSTERDAM!!!

Werd werd, good lookin on the tips... and keep em coming!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Yeah, Bulldog is a place to avoid, if you wanna get stoned, buy some Polm at a maroccan coffeeshop..

Rijksmuseum is being rebuild, but I think there is a part of the colection still on display. Try visting the Stedelijk in the Post CS building, good museum.

ride a bike.

Don't bang a ho, though.

Have some stampot met een gehaktbal.

And watch out for trams!

• come check kon and amir djing at the bitterzoet on sept. 10th in amsterdam.

• I recommend going to a "smart shop" before you go to the art museum.

• Rijksmuseum is being rebuilt, but I think there is a part of the colection still on display

Yeah, the Rijks is being rebuilt until 2007. The collection on display right now is a little disappointing. Although seeing The Night Watch was pretty incredible. Make sure to hit the Van Gogh Museum. It was pretty incredible. If you're going to go to a few museums you might want to get a museum card which gives you entrance into all the museums.

Also, eat a kroket (sp?). It's fried meat gravy and it's incredible. McDonald's and Febo have them on the cheap.

Rent a bike and just ride around, although watch out for cars on the narrow roads.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Also, eat a kroket (sp?). It's fried meat gravy and it's incredible. McDonald's and Febo have them on the cheap.

NEVER eat a kroket at McDonalds!

Eat one at van Dobbe, just of the RembrandtPlein.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    COFFEESHOPS:
    Greenhouse, Rokerij, Dampkring

GEAR/SNEAKERS:
    www.90sqm.com, www.henxs.com, www.rdlfs.nl

GIGS & PARTIES:
    Bitterzoet, Patta, Melkweg, Paradiso, Appelsap

ONE CHEAP HOSTEL: Hans-Brinker

SOME EXPENSIVE ASS:
    http://www.yabyum.nl (only 4 reel ballaz)

And check out the zoo, Artis Dierentuin

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts
    Anne Franks house is worth seeing too.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Cire, check your PMs....

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    as far as coffee shops, I like Katsu...they developed the greatest sativa strain known to man...Sage. You can get the OG there. It is low key, off the beaten path (your chances of the place being full of High-Times reading mouthbreathers in tie dyed Bob marley shirts is slim to none)

food wise I went bananacakes for Indonesian food. Ate it every day.

Also those little carts with the chocolate waffles. Yum

Its dangerous being in a city with a direct flight to Amsterdam and a couple grand in your savings account. I have, so far, resisted the temptation, but I wanna go back so bad.

Yes, crazy records, every little "book fair" seems to have boxes of the things lying all over the place.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Soul strut, once again... Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna try to hit up the Kon & Amir event, just work isn't trying to schedule anything for that night but I'm pretty sure I'm there.

Also copped a ticket for Jay-Z at the Heineken Music Hall, so that should be cool...

And the rest is being worked on - thanks fellas... I'm trying to come up with some extra cash cuz I don't know when I'll be back in Amsterdam, but overall I'm looking forward to this trip.

Werd,

Eric