The SOULSTRUT "SEARCH" FUNCTION

99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I miss the old days when the search function worked, and you could go back to threads that were a year and half old. And you could use one search word after another and so on, without getting these error functions. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMy questions is, how much money do we all have to donate to the site to get this thing working again?

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

I know...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What were you looking for?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Here's a tip: Change the parameters.

I did this recently and I can find anything from now all the way back to 1/25/05.

What were you looking for?

The "Super-rares" thread

I did this recently and I can find anything from now all the way back to 1/25/05.

Thanks M*ke, I took your advice but it still didn't work for me.

Well here's the thread...

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=651120&an=0&page=106#Post651120

Thanks...Perhaps it's the shitty computer I'm using.

I still think the search fuction could be a lot better.

Thanks...Perhaps it's the shitty computer I'm using.

I still think the search fuction could be a lot better.
    No problem, holmes.

The search function does need to be repaired.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    dogpile.com isn't a bad way to search either.

dogpile.com isn't a bad way to search either.

Cool, thanks Rey.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I feel the need to bitch about the search function, too.

It used to be you could just type a name in the search engine and you'd get it. Now they have to go and fuck that up with that confusing "earlier than one month"/"later than two years" thing. Changing parameters doesn't always work for me either, and then there's that confusing thing where they won't let you make another search so soon after the last. Who thought that was a good idea? I'm gonna try that link above, see if it works...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the search function got bumped off track during the board upgrade. RAJ would have the details on how much work it would take to get it back to being a reliably useful feature. Looks like his hands are full, respectfully, with some more important things at the moment, though. But, I would also eventually like to see the search function back to what it used to be. There's WAY too much good information on here to be locked up and virtually inaccessible.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I was under the impression that the search function has been limited to reduce server load. It's a drag, but if that's what it takes to avoid downtime, so be it.