ANOTHER G-FUNK CD THIS TIME FOR $244

2»

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I could care less about the genre of music being sold for that amount of money.
    Its the idea that these CD's could be reproduced and packaged by any of us in the confines of our basement. But thats how many of those CD's got created in the first place. I'm out of this. I'm a believer now.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    UMM BOP, BATCHES!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Its the idea that these CD's could be reproduced and packaged by any of us in the confines of our basement. But thats how many of those CD's got created in the first place. I'm out of this. I'm a believer now.

I hear this over and over again in these threads... yet when there is a vinyl reissue that is of higher quality than the OG and the originals still command three or four figures on ebay no one balks, they accept that folks need that "authentic artifact"... but when a different type of artifact is being discussed all of a sudden it makes no sense?!?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    but when a different type of artifact is being discussed all of a sudden it makes no sense?!?

I had to take a step back to think about this thread. Your on point phiff. I understand as should everyonelse.

Exactlly.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Dudes, you're sounding very little right now.

There are people that are into _____________________ and there's a whole game you don't know about. Get over it.

You just gave everybody a free "get out of a pointless argument with Faux_Rillz" card.

Herm

Try again--I rarely argue about anything that I don't have an interest in.

And you certainly don't see me, for example, exclaiming "You mean there are people paying actual money for these elevator"library" records!?" and posting links to completed auctions.

so we're not supposed to talk about obscure CD collectors?
    we weren't laughing or anything. it's not that we don't know that there are people collecting other music than funk soul jazz rock psych hip hop LPs or 45s. i think it's cool to post links to some weird eBay auctions. i like to read about things i haven't seen or heard of before. and this might be the right place to discuss CD and record collecting`habits, don't you think? i'm going to keep an eye out for those kind of Rap CDs at 2nd Hand places from now on.

there is certainly more than one whole game i don't know about. i'm well aware of that. there are millions of things i will never understand. but i'm neither scared to show that, nor do i think i shouldn't talk about those things. HA!

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

I hear this over and over again in these threads... yet when there is a vinyl reissue that is of higher quality than the OG and the originals still command three or four figures on ebay no one balks, they accept that folks need that "authentic artifact"... but when a different type of artifact is being discussed all of a sudden it makes no sense?!?

When I can cop a re-issue that exceeds the OG, I don't care for the authentic artifact. Can anyone re-up the audio links? I'm curious to hear this.

Peace

h

Can anyone re-up the audio links?
    I only have the first link.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2BE2202435B26221

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    we weren't laughing or anything.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    we weren't laughing or anything.

well, I[/b] wasn't laughing!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Vintage G-funk is the shit. Fuck Funk 45's.

Can anyone re-up the audio links?
    I only have the first link.

Thanks! I kinda like this. If I had nothing else to buy, I'd cop this.

• Holy Crap, look at how much these Stamps went for! I mean I could just go photocopy these at kinkos and put some rubber cement on the back of 'em...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-GRAF-ZEPPH...1QQcmdZViewItem

I admit I'm a huge BLIMP hater tho.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Holy Crap, look at how much these Stamps went for! I mean I could just go photocopy these at kinkos and put some rubber cement on the back of 'em...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-GRAF-ZEPPH...1QQcmdZViewItem

I admit I'm a huge BLIMP hater tho.

You are bidding on a Beautiful Graf Zepphlin 5 Stamp Collection. This collection includes the folling: (2) 65 Cent green stamps Scott#C13, XF condition, original gum-vivid colors-never hindged. (1) $1.30 Brown Stamp Scott#C14, VF/XF condition, gum crease-original gum-never hindged-vivid color. (2) $2.60 Blue Stamps Scott#C15, XF Condition, original gum-vivid color-never hindged

Yes, but we are talking XF condition[/b] here.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I THINK I WAS BUYING THE WRONG STAMPS IN 1935!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    "hindged"???

yo, step off, dont hindge me.

• Hmm, my friends I dont undertsand you.

You want to tell me to stop starting threads about those CD prices and tell me to get over it ?? Why ??? There are a million posts on this board without any sense, are you telling those people to stop too ??

If you are not intrested in what I'm bringing to this board ignore on your won or bann me automaticaly so that you dont see any of the stuff I'm bringing.

If I would start to comment on every thread which I think are boring or unnecessary I would hang around the whole day on this board and would probably have around 2000 posts !!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

like he said. dont fuck with hawkeye (until you have done the things he has)

p.s. hawkeyes records are BAD ASS

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    K I N D E R G A R T E N ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• K I N D E R G A R T E N ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

http://cgi.ebay.com/MR-MAGIC-Gilligans-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

• where's that :sayingthough: graemlin?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I've been goin hard on collecting cd's for the past 3 years. I probably have more attatchment to them being I actually remember a lot of them comin out as opposed to my 70's records. I've done one auction with some cd raers and did pretty good. Better than I've ever done with a set of records.

Its hella funny that people are sayin you get a different listening experience from the original vinyl. I don't really hear it. I collect the records and cd's because I'm a collectro.

Its hella funny that people are sayin you get a different listening experience from the original vinyl. I don't really hear it. I collect the records and cd's because I'm a collectro.

I'd rather just dl a cd rather than buy it - I know you can dl records on mp3, but I like owning the record. A cd feels so flimsy. I wouldn't want em' if they're any price but free.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I collect the records and cd's because I'm a collectro.

Nice to have you posting again Jake. I think I made the mighty collectro grem with you in mind after you picked up that R.F. rekord off us and used it for ur cover!

You are indeed The Might Collectro!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Haz, I'm guessing u didn't pick that rekord we were talking about lastweek?

Shame... Wut was the final price?

Haz, I'm guessing u didn't pick that rekord we were talking about lastweek?

Shame... Wut was the final price?

Yo, Dor,

The final price was more than I was willing to pay that record - $150 +. I know it will come up at 100. I did get another record from that seller, a personal grail, which was made by a strutter, for about 75.00 & was really happy to cop that.

peace

h

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I did get another record from that seller, a personal grail, which was made by a strutter, for about 75.00 & was really happy to cop that.

LUCKY!

Who made that album?