Nashville record stores

fountain16fountain16 93 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm stopping into Nashville on the way back from FL next week. Any good places to go for good records?

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    It's been over four years since I was in Nashville, but I copped some nice bits in The Great Escape on Broadway - not too expensive, either. If you're there near a weekend, they have another store a few doors down from the main one, which is open on Friday and Saturday only, and where everything's a dollar. If you're prepared to set aside a few hours, it might end up being worth the effort. I found some nice stuff in there, too, and generally in good shape.

The other end of Broadway, up by the c&w bars and guitar stores, is Lawrence Records. When I was in there, there was a lot of good stuff in quantity, often sealed, but maybe a little on the expensive side. I caught a few Lou Rawls & Jimmy Smith albums in there. Again, no idea what it's like now, but they seemed to have multiples of just about everything. Obviously, there's shitloads of country everywhere, but I only ever saw one Bobbie Gentry album and one Tony Joe White album the whole time I was out there.

• Phonoluxe: Take I-440 and exit at Nolensville Rd. Head South for a block or two and it's on your right. Great selection of used LPs on the cheap side.

Great Escape is always fun.

• I wish i had more info than just the name, but i'm sure you can google it... There's a spot called Grimey's, and the selection in there is quite good... not too pricey, and it's mostly quality stuff. if i recall corectly, there weren't too many 45s though. but i was real stoned last time i was there, so i may have missed them. i did however find a grip of early Biggie 12s for like a buck a pop.

• Scuba SteveScuba Steve @steveislikewoah 40 Posts
    Going Sat thru Wed, any record store suggestions for 2017?