MAC HELP!! Screen capture/dvd related!

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
does anyone knwo how I can capture a screen shot from a playing or paused dvd? the traditional ways, grab and the shift+command+3 are a no go...any ideas? thanks in advance

Comments

• Try a program called "snapz pro". Just google it and you should get a 1-month trial version or something. It also does video capture, which is pretty slick.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vlc at http://videolan.org has a screen capture option

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    you can do it with the command+shift+3 method but you can't be in full screen mode with the dvd player because you have to be in the Finder to use that method.

So just get out of full screen mode in the dvd player and self adjust the window as big as you can and then get back to the finder by either clicking on the desktop or using command+tab and then do your thing.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    shift + apple key + 4

you will get a bullseye, now press the space bar and it will change to a camera. Highlight the appropriate screen you want ot capture and click your left mouse button.

viola

• thanks for the help everyone...i have been handicapped in MacLife by my dad's alleigance to IBM. s'only been like 2 years for me since the switch