YO MTV RAPS / VH1 Special - did i miss this?...

downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
came home from a gig last nite - 2AM, Fab 5 and crew chronicled in one of those mtv/vh1 overly congratulatory "pseudo-mentaries". entertainning tho, some great old clips (run-dmc, tribe, quick shot of biz), but a few questions (and forgive me if this shit is old and i completely missed the original discussion):1) what was up with ED LOVER???? in his interviews he looked all stiff and plastic, kinda like those kool keith pics where he's wearing the fake "slick hair/james bond" wig... WTF??? (oh yeah, and no ed lover dance????)2) no Dr. Dre????3) i love run-dmc but when did DMC start talking like ummm, a NASA guy? (time ages the character i guess?)4) speaking of aging, *sigh* not only do the beasties STILL look like they have no idea how they ended up in an interview, but now very partied out looking as well... fuck i am old.5) as mentioned up top, the self-congratulating tone. yeah it was "ground-breaking" in the sense that you now had MTV (a cable channel!) covering the hiphop scene, but when they said stuff like "we went and did a spot with NWA and BOOM they were huge 'cuz of us!" i mean come on. if anything, they did help to put the scene as a whole on a solid national level, but things were already blowing up. like anything considered a "fad" by the mainstream, the kids were gonna find this stuff regardless...