Plus - Put everything Together (info)

kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
This song keeps cropping up on comps i have been listening to latley(Funkmode)(Commen mixtapes). I can't find anything about this group. Its one of my favourite songs at the momment. Anyone know anything about this group?

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Plus is Jess & James (JJ Band). They were born in Portugal (Jess & James are fake names), but moved to Belgium later on. I think they got into Beat and Soul music while they were staying in England and started their own band as Jess & James. Their first attempts are very Beat-like. I got the first Jess & James LP. Neither funky, nor soulish. The first really interesting records they recorded were the JJ Band LPs. I noticed that the current rate for the JJ BAnd LPs is low. Seem to be unpopular records again.
    Plus was originally releaseded on Pink Elephant. I think there's only a Dutch Pink Elephant pressing, although there could be Italian pressings as well. It's a self titled LP. Impossible to find. Even in Belgium and The Netherlands. Jess & James were involved in SO MANY projects. Almost everything they did was cool.

That song is fantastic. I like wood snares. I have yet to find a dealer that sells a copy. Recordkingz were selling a copy for 200 GBP, maybe even 300! Can't really remember.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Thank you for the info. I was really intrested in knowing what the story was behind these guys.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Thank you for the info. I was really intrested in knowing what the story was behind these guys.

You should check the first JJ Band LP. White cover, green painting. Self titled (unfortunately like the second one - their first LP is on Polydor, the second one on CBS though). I really like that record. But there are no club tunes or ??ber funky tracks. Just a bunch of nice tunes with a pretty unique style (and at least 3 very very nice drum breaks).