Can anyone tell me anything about TM Productions?

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm talking library records, here, which is not my forte.I picked up a demo record from the studio earlier this summer called "Tomorrow Radio", which is fun and weird and has some nice sounds on it. Nothing mindblowing. But yesterday I happened upon four actual sound library records by the same studio which are all pretty decent. Lots of quality sounds, light disco, and one of them has a killer synth-funk drum-heavy song on it. It turns out the person I bought them from has about 30 more from the same set. I can probably get them pretty cheap, I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with series enough to steer me clear of the crap. Any standout volumes from the series? All I know is:-It's TM Productions, Inc -They're out of Dallas-circa 77-78-all plain black covers with "The Production Source" written in white.thanks!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I believe they are still in business. From what I know they currently provide turn-key programming for Top 40 and "Alternative" rock stations in the form of weekly prerecorded CD's and computer programs.

As far as those older production discs are concerned, they are hit and miss with miss being in the majority.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    Id say steer clear of the special promotion discs(gold back) the majority of it is boring talking with very little music. The ones you want are the production music(red back), and commercial images(yellow back), production music is traditional library style, the commercial images have ads than multiple instrumental versions. Some of my favourites is commercial images 40, has a cool funky ad, I remember someone saying it has been used in a mix before, its "brainfreeze like". Production Disc 1 is good, tons of samples on that one. Definately bring a portable though as some are pure cheesy and others are good, or if there cheap enough just get em all.

some photos...