Another Diplo article

DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
If this was posted already, I dont care, just dont read it. I didnt want to search for it.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2119464/

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Reggaeton is now in the curious spot of being both ubiquitous (in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami) and totally unknown (everywhere else).

Spoken like someone who has never been to Texas.

But in the last five years, the map has been redrawn to include Atlanta and the Dirty South, St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, and Houston.

Spoken like someone who has never heard of the Geto Boys.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I already read this.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Reggaeton is now in the curious spot of being both ubiquitous (in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami) and totally unknown (everywhere else).

Or even spoken to a latino person.

*sidenote: Next issue, we're publishing yet another Diplo interview. I'm also trying to convince the editor to make some space for the gang from The Rub.

Hater Magazine

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Yeah, I was under the impression that its already hit everywhere that has any kind of Latino population

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Yeah, I was under the impression that its already hit everywhere that has any kind of Latino population

yeah, latinos/as i know around here (dc) love that shit, even the squares.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

That's a cool lil mag there. I had never seen that before. Good to see that someone would have you, Frank, and Damien as a group package like that...haters foreal.

That's a cool lil mag there. I had never seen that before. Good to see that someone would have you, Frank, and Damien as a group package like that...haters foreal.

Everyone's a hater...

If you wanna submit a non-Pro Blow related article, holla at me. We're looking for more politically edged shit.

That offer extends to any writer reading this.

PM me or contact the mag directly.

holera.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

*sidenote: Next issue, we're publishing yet another Diplo interview.

why?

*sidenote: Next issue, we're publishing yet another Diplo interview.

why?

no idea holmes, I am not the captain of ye old ship...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

But in the last five years, the map has been redrawn to include Atlanta and the Dirty South, St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, and Houston.

Spoken like someone who has never heard of the Geto Boys.

just reading this thread, I thought those quotes were things Diplo said, which struck me as odd. but the writer (and person being quoted here) is Martin Edlund, and this isn't really an article about Diplo, but an article about reggaeton, grime & baile funk that mentions Diplo. music writers are so fucking worthless... this article is titled "The World is Phat." why are we even talking about it?

• saulgravysaulgravy 112 Posts
    P. Diddy just threw his hat in the ring, announcing the formation of Bad Boy Latino

is it just me or does the phrase "bad boy latino" sound a little

• music writers are so fucking worthless... this article is titled "The World is Phat." why are we even talking about it?

Correction, this music writer is worthless. What, you don't read the Wire? Wax Poetics? Besides, we need people like this to tell folls what's "phat" (that's so '94, man - P.M. Dawn would be proud) so that a proper underground can continue to exist - it's called cultural equilibrium. This stuff is flavour of the month, in another year, the mainstream press will have forgotten...