East St Louis Gospelettes

MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Shout for joy (Cadet)Can some of you in the know shed some light about this record, please?Is it any good? Traditional gospel or pop/funky? Price check?Couldn't find any information about it. ?Many thanks in advance.Peace

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Don't know about price but it's damn good. Produced by Oliver Sain. It's more traditional than funky. Great record.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

For once the linernotes are pretty accurate.

You should get it, it??s pretty good. My copy cost me 8??? at a ebay-concious store.

- J

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    That's a great record. I always see it for about $10. Most Gospel on that label is pretty solid.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I don't know, man...to me, them liners are so artsy-fartsy that they make Rod McKuen look like a Soulstrut correspondent, and I'm not just saying that to be funny, either...but that's just my opinion. Anyway, wouldn't mind hearing this myself.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    so artsy-fartsy that they make Rod McKuen look like a Soulstrut correspondent, and I'm not just saying that to be funny

plaese keep not trying to be funny. lol.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    you should get their whole catalog... i heartily support the EStLG

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

I don't know, man...to me, them liners are so artsy-fartsy that they make Rod McKuen look like a Soulstrut correspondent, and I'm not just saying that to be funny, either...but that's just my opinion. Anyway, wouldn't mind hearing this myself.

PRETTY accurate. Almost all linernotes are BS (that??s a given), but to me these particular ones describe a real nice album. I??ll see if I can post some tastes...

- J

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Many thanks to you all for the information, pic, mp3, everything.
    Much appreciated!!

Peace